Sign in to follow this  
Zuriox

Wanting to play Dayz

Currently i have a very basic stock pc, which was purchased new a few years ago, i recently attempted just to play arma 2 and it was impossible, the graphics card couldnt perform at all.

Here is some system stats:

ce7dbcab03748cb8d59cca1909105f6d.png

bed9e698626a6bcce78d8c8cb345a6db.png

Currently as i have said everything is stock however i want to play dayz and want to do this for the cheapest most cost effective way. Would it be possible to purchase a new gpu which would run with the system to play dayz, would this require a new power unit. Help?!

Thanks

Zuriox

oh boy.

We'd need the exact specs, as the windows experience index is not really helpful here. From what I can see you'd basically have to build a new PC. If you want decent framerates that is. I've been running a Q8200 at 2.33 GHz and got 10 to 35 fps, but I have a ssd and a somewhat decent gpu.

But tell us the exact system specifications first please :)

Weparo out.

Currently i have a very basic stock pc, which was purchased new a few years ago, i recently attempted just to play arma 2 and it was impossible, the graphics card couldnt perform at all.

Here is some system stats:

ce7dbcab03748cb8d59cca1909105f6d.png

bed9e698626a6bcce78d8c8cb345a6db.png

Currently as i have said everything is stock however i want to play dayz and want to do this for the cheapest most cost effective way. Would it be possible to purchase a new gpu which would run with the system to play dayz, would this require a new power unit. Help?!

Thanks

Zuriox

You need atleast a dual core. (Quad recommended) and an gpu similiar to the GTX 650. (Or a Radeon 7000 (only the good 7000's))

A new PC would be better.

Edited by narkoman14

I think adding RAM and a GPU would not be enough for DayZ.

The Athlon II X4 CPU was one of the first true 4-core cpus from AMD, released in 2009.

Not exactly a powerhouse CPU. Although it could still pull off many games on low settings,

ARMA/DayZ are very demanding titles.

You can do 1 of two things:

1. Buy a decent video card (and likely a new power supply) and give it a shot...You can get a decent card under $100 if you really look around and maybe even try ebay for a used one in good condition, a 500watt PSU should cost you $40-$50.

2. The more likely option: replace the CPU/ Motherboard/Ram/Power supply and get a new video card as stated above. Likely around $400 at minimum. Sadly the only thing you could keep from this system is the case and the DVD drive.

Hope this helps