Sign in to follow this  
Greg-UK4

Official "Code of Conduct" for Server hosters and Players

I've mentioned this a few times and would like to make this an official suggestion.

Server admins need a dedicated set of rules to follow, something like this:

You may kick for:

Racism

Malicious behavior that is detrimental to the mod

Abusing VON (Playing music)

Proved hacking/cheating and/or bug exploitation

You may ban for:

Continued racially abusive behavior

Malicious behavior that is detrimental to the mod

continued VON abuse

Proved hacking/cheating and/or bug exploitation

You may not Kick/Ban for:

Being killed by a player

Being insulted by a player (within "racially acceptable" terms)

Being ghosted or stream sniped

Having your camp raided

And for players:

Any racist behavior may result in a ban.

Abusing or exploiting bugs is disallowed and you may receive a ban.

etc

The rest slipped my mind as my post was interrupted and had to type it all again! oh well.

Anyway, I would appreciate if a dev/community chap look into this and develop something nice :)

That unfortunately leaves a lot to interpretation(etc), and as the mod has developed so have the issues server hosters and players are facing.

Also the positioning of the rules is not ideal, embedded within a post dealing with a specific issue.

I'm requesting that they be made clearer, more concise and transversely apply to the player base as well.

Server hosters are receiving so much hassle and grief from disgruntled players that it's getting unbelievable at the moment.

Almost every post in cheat reporting/server general contains "maybe i killed the admin and he shut down server" or "i found camp of admin, now banned" - the fingers are being pointed at the people who provide for the mods community, and this is being caused by "rogue" admins misinterpreting the rules, or players misinterpreting what is expected of us.

There is also little being done about passwording servers, or excessive ping limitations, but that is outside of the scope of this topic.