Sign in to follow this  
Mays (DayZ)

AKM or Enfield?

Got the AKM but I don't know if the Enfield is better. There's more ammo for the Enfield in the area.

I know they're totally different guns.

I'd take the AKM.

30 round magazine, semi/full auto, Enfield ammo may be more common, but if you check enough deer stands you'll find plenty of AKM ammo. Plus, the Enfield is like a Zombie beacon when you shoot the thing.

Want to kill Zombies? Take AKM. Want to kill Players? Take Lee Enfield.

Would be my personal Decision.

AKM.

Lee Enfield is a bit more powerful but its rate of fire won't help you. AKM will do the job in tenses situations when you have to pray and spray at close range, and it has zeroing.

L-Enfield ammo is more common, yes. But AKM ammo isn't quite rare in deer stands/military places. And you're not wasting AKM (or lee enfield) ammo killing Zeds if you don't want to die young (you WILL aggro a lot of Zeds with any of those weapons.

I am partial to the einfield but i always travel with friends so I do not have to worry about having an effective rifle vs zombies.

I would say the akm, if all else fails you can go out in a spurt of full auto glory.

AKM hands down. The ammo isn't particularly rare, a couple deerstands will usually net you an ammo cache. The magazine is considerably larger than the enfield as well, so realize that a single AKM mag = 3 enfield mags. This is very nice for inventory space.

The key feature for the AKM is its ability to zero the sights. Learning how to zero on the fly is a *huge* advantage that very few people realize.

Tip: the vast majority of encounters in which you're firing at someone/zombies occur at ranges of under 100m, and often under 200m. Default zeroing on all rifles (including the AKM) is 300m, so by popping that down to 100m or 200m (especially in urban environments) you're going to experience much better accuracy. When you're out in the field you can zero to 200-300m for better long-range ability. I've plugged people before at 300-400 meters thanks to being able to quickly eyeball how far away they were, and adjust the zeroing accordingly.

When i am playing faster and more careless I choose the akm for the faster fire rate.

When I am playing more cautiously I take an enfield. You only need one shot and I usually see the other player first when taking my time. And when you see them first you have a huge advantage.

The enfield is loud but the akm is pretty loud also. If you got enough ammo, just run into a building and kill whatever comes in.

Definitely AKM.

On the Enfield ammo, one clip of Enfield ammo is what? 10 Rounds? One mag of AKM ammo is 30 rounds. You'd have to carry 3 bag spaces of Enfield ammo for every one AKM mag you find.

2-3 AKM mags should last you a long time unless you go on a zombie killing spree :P

People with AKMs are easier to be tracked.

AKM is less accurate than enfield, also it's a bit less powerful, thus sometimes you won't kill in 1-2 hits with enfield (95% of the times I hit someone witn enfield, it's 1 hit kill).

These cons of AKM will force you to shot multiple times which will give away your position to other players.

After first shot in wilderness I usually try to locate it asap, so after 2nd AKM shot I can locate the player almost instantly.