mrperson666

Be more fun if I knew who killed me.

It's not a different person either' date=' check your name, it's the same as the guy who just got killed. ;)[/quote']

That's your username, not your survivor name. You don't name your survivors individually? Boring! Each of mine have their own names and I tag the "You are dead" screenshot with their names and basic stats like start/end dates. They become little tombstones for each of my guys.

Anyway, yeah. Definitely a different person.

That's your username' date=' not your survivor name. You don't name your survivors individually? Boring! Each of mine have their own names and I tag the "You are dead" screenshot with their names and basic stats like start/end dates. They become little tombstones for each of my guys.

[/quote']

They make pills for that you know? ;D

I really dislike serves with names turned off (which is the majority of them). I am almost always friendly (which gets me killed very often).

No. What gets you killed "very often" is that you like to play on name tag servers where any bandit on a rooftop can see your name floating like a giant green billboard no matter whether through a wall, clear across a field, behind trees, around a corner etc.

I stopped playing on nametag servers the first time I killed an unseen person through a thick stand of pine trees. I never even laid eyes on that person, but I emptied a clip at their nametag and sent them on an all expenses paid beach vacation.

I understand why you like them, but they have absolutely no place in a game like this where the stakes are so high.

I really dislike serves with names turned off (which is the majority of them). I am almost always friendly (which gets me killed very often).

No. What gets you killed "very often" is that you like to play on name tag servers where any bandit on a rooftop can see your name floating like a giant green billboard no matter whether through a wall' date=' clear across a field, behind trees, around a corner etc.

I stopped playing on nametag servers the first time I killed an unseen person through a thick stand of pine trees. I never even laid eyes on that person, but I emptied a clip at their nametag and sent them on an all expenses paid beach vacation.

I understand why you like them, but they have absolutely no place in a game like this where the stakes are so high.

[/quote']

On the server I have played Dayz that had nametags, I had to put my cursor or aim my gun at you to see your tag. it is not just a 24/7 floating here I am tag.

Its a game the stakes are just as high for this game as it is for hungry hungry hippo. its a game, nothing more nothing less

No. What gets you killed "very often" is that you like to play on name tag servers

Actually you are wrong. I very rarely play on a server with nametags because there are very few of them. And very few servers list "nametags on" in the description. I go into the first available non-nighttime server with decent ping and less than 30 players that I come across. If it has 3rd person, xhairs, or nametags at that point doesnt effect if I stay on the server or not.

I only think you should be notified of who killed you if you actively had them in your sights. If someone snuck up on you or you got sniped, it was specifically because they didn't want you to know they were the one who killed you. You shouldn't get tossed a bone because you were careless while another player stalked you for 15+ minutes to execute you. I've been popped in the back of the head a few times and I usually sigh and think "well played sir". I'm not a big fan of the player tags but for me it falls apart on hardcore servers when I witness a player murder someone else and I have no way of identifying the murderer in the future, even though my character should have a small grasp on what that guy looked like. However, wanting revenge for the death of your prior character is at times childish.

On the server I have played Dayz that had nametags' date=' I had to put my cursor or aim my gun at you to see your tag. it is not just a 24/7 floating here I am tag.

Its a game the stakes are just as high for this game as it is for hungry hungry hippo. its a game, nothing more nothing less

[/quote']

I realize that the tags are not always displayed. What I am saying is that's ridiculous to play on a server where you have no little to chance at all of ducking back into the trees and losing contact once you've been spotted. All that player has to do is sweep their weapon accross the tree line (or buildings for that matter) and your name will pop up. Whether or not you are concealed or hiding behind a rock does not matter. Your nametags are your own worst enemy.

End of story.

And thanks for pointing out that this is a game. I hadn't realized that.

On the server I have played Dayz that had nametags' date=' I had to put my cursor or aim my gun at you to see your tag. it is not just a 24/7 floating here I am tag.

[/quote']

I realize that the tags are not always displayed. What I am saying is that's ridiculous to play on a server where you have no little to chance at all of ducking back into the trees and losing contact once you've been spotted. All that player has to do is sweep their weapon accross the tree line (or buildings for that matter) and your name will pop up. Whether or not you are concealed or hiding behind a rock does not matter. Your nametags are your own worst enemy.

End of story.

And thanks for pointing out that this is a game. I hadn't realized that.

I'd even like a delay, maybe 3-5 seconds on someone before their name is displayed. What you say is entirly true, you can shoot at and murder someone on a patch black night in the middle of the forest while they're prone because you accidently scrolled over them.