Im considering leave the mod until a DLC arrive and MAYBE i will look again.

Main reasons:

Start game without weapon:

15 times i died because players where lurking spawn areas or main sites like cherno and electro, i couldnt enter buildings to find weapons etc etc... this sucks. Makes who already have a weapon even stronger now.

Lag, Admin Abuse, Mass kills, Bugs

Too much lag, yesterday i killed a guy with a Lee enfield shot IN THE FACE, and again i died and he didnt.

Admin Abuse, if you kill a admin consider yourself kicked.

Mass Kills, i dont have to say... everyone here already experimented it.

Bugs, dont get close of a stone, tree, stair.. dont walk at all or you will have your bones broken.

I know its alpha but tons of things here came from ARMA2, a game wich i LOVE IT but is poorly finished and the game go to stores unfinished, as results mods like these who tries to be bold are tied to features the game dont have it.

Loose gear, come on you fight for a weapon and some SOB kills you inside a stone using a bug and you loose everything, or you loose DAYS gathering material to repair vehicles and take many of them to your group encampment and then all vanished, no explanation only "its an alpha" I dont accept it.

So Rocket this message is for you, you will never make everyone happy with this mod but you need to have sense to see what needs to be changed and what will fuck up the whole game engine doing it, like crowbars who FIRE (we see the smoke effect like shot) to hit zombies... that was poorly made it and should never be added. This is not HAlf Life, this is not Left for dead this is not COD this is not anything we saw before. This is a WAR SIMULATOR GAME. If you force people to dont pvp and make super zombies no one will see reason to walk 50km in a day and die loosing his gear.

Its hard read this kind of opinion i know, lot of haters and ignorant people will leave rage messages here, but as this is an alpha i have all right to express my feelings on the mod so far, and if a DLC arrives as a CUSTOMER i have all right to say if will be good or not and we Customers are those who keep the game industry working.

Many people said i should be happy with anything you launch Rocket, i disagree im not a beggar im contributing to this alpha and its funny when you say something different of the majority, you get punished.

Lol. I'm not against you to leave that mod but you should know that not every single person walks with a gun on him. That's why we don't have weapons at start (And to avoid pew pew pew boys at the coast).

But again you don't have to do a thread like this one to say "that's it I leave!". OK you gave them some feedback but still, we don't really care about you.

Also your comment about the crowbar. PLEASE LEARN TO READ. He said that it is only an alpha object and needs alot of testing. And your "I die too much" comment is just ridiculous. ADAPT YOUR TACTICS FOR EVERY CHANGE THAT HAPPENS TO THIS MOD, ffs! Even if you won't like that gameplay he's going to fix that. IT does "fuck up" the engine some times, yeah. I don't have to remind you that thing called alpha right?

Another thing : You don't have a single clue about modding right? To be honest me neither but I am aware that the arma engine is very limited and new features that have been added will be buggy

You won't get punished if people got a different opinion. Most of them are just morrons who cannot explain themself and try to convince you with insults. That's also why I spend less time on this forum to write replies or threads.

oh comon walking into cherno without a gun?, taking cyanide is much more fun XD

This game is far from easy, People are used to being "baby'ed" on other games. Most likely you play the game way to fast. The main towns are a bad place for newly spawned players. The best stuff in the game is not found in the cities, Crash heli, airports, dear stands, and other northern areas have the best loot, even though they are highly traveled areas, the amount of people you will encounter up north is much lower than down south.

Firing Crowbar is an unpolished experiment. Get over it. Useless to make Sounds, perfect animations and so on for simply testing if something fits in or not.

We don't need Makarovs to spawn with. 4,9 Million Survival attempts with Makarov. All died.

And the Makarov Weapon Factory at the Coast is out of Order for Months and out of Weapons now. Millions of Survivors came and took a Makarov. Now its empty. Wander inlands to search for all the lost Makarovs, Im sure youll find one.

This game is far from easy' date=' People are used to being "baby'ed" on other games. Most likely you play the game way to fast. The main towns are a bad place for newly spawned players. The best stuff in the game is not found in the cities, Crash heli, airports, dear stands, and other northern areas have the best loot, even though they are highly traveled areas, the amount of people you will encounter up north is much lower than down south.

[/quote']

I play since Operation Flashpoint, and im a ArmA and ArmA2 Veteran and one of best SU25 pilots out there, if you look my post again you will see the reason is pretty solid, your argument is valid but im sure im not the only who feel the same, its very possible the next update you only see spawned civilian weapons, or zombies kill you in one hit, or all weapons to be nerfed.. as i said im leaving for now, im not against who is playing or who will keep playing but some changes was unecessary like add a crowbar because people want a crowbar just because of another game.

I respect all opinions like yours, just dont read the stupid ones.

Every single day we have a thread like this one. Tiring

And every single day people like you even bother to write things like this back. Boring.

Good you should leave' date=' do the community a favour.

Your a dick, and I personally could care less of it.

Example 1:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15301

[/color']

Ignorant rage anwser detected...

Ah thats why, i bet OCN still in testing and will be for more 2 months right?

yeah' date=' stopped reading when you mentioned bugs in an alpha stage

[/quote']

Its obvious you didnt played ArmA2 before.

This mod is being poorly made and with rush to keep people buying ArmA2, unfortunaly you dont have the business vision only the kid rage one.

Ah so sorry you leaving. Take a cookie. Your creativity in the game and constructive posting in this forum and ingame will be missed /sarcasm off

Ok first off iv been in this position myself once. Didnt know wtf i was supposed to do and got killed by players less than 5 min after i spawned. Here are some tips that may help.

Lesson 1- Cherno/Elektro are pvp area's. Be real sneaky if your not geared for combat.

Lesson 2- Head north when you have enough supplys (a single food and drink will get you far enough to find more)

Lesson 3- In a face to face encounter with no warning, fire. Dont think, just fire.

Lesson 4- Direct chat can be used to determine friendlys. If no response, fire.

Lesson 5- Dont be greedy ! If you have what you need to survive, move on. Greed is dayz's biggest killer.

These few simple guidelines have kept me alive and even made me allies. Use them wisely and you may avoid rage quits such as this :)

One more thing. How can you be telling Rocket what arma 2 is ? He works for bohemia interactive and therfor made arma 2 as well as DayZ ><

This mod is being poorly made and with rush to keep people buying ArmA2' date=' unfortunaly you dont have the business vision only the kid rage one.

[/quote']

You seem to have Super-Vision. Take your Su25 and get off.

Im all for deleting "I quit cause of.. " Threads.

TL;DR

Game's hard right?

Nah, it's stupid. You have to be face on the gravel 99% of the time. Slow, painfully slow. I'm reverting back to watching the paint dry. It's more fun.

This mod is being poorly made and with rush to keep people buying ArmA2' date=' unfortunaly you dont have the business vision only the kid rage one.

[/quote']

You seem to have Super-Vision. Take your Su25 and get off.

Im all for deleting "I quit cause of.. " Threads.

The moment a thread who is diferent of all the Hippie about this mod is deleted, its not a forum or a community, its a facist forum.

If you dont like what i say, just ignore the comments be adult, deal with different opinions, seriously.

TL;DR

Game's hard right?

Nah' date=' it's stupid. You have to be face on the gravel 99% of the time. Slow, painfully slow. I'm reverting back to watching the paint dry. It's more fun.

[/quote']

Agreed.

lol, he made this mod in his spare time, and only expected it to be popular in the arma community. if rockets intentions were to keep sales high, then he wouldn't be hinting about this mod going into a standalone game any time soon

With the patches since 1.7.0 it feels like rocket is trying to cut off the servertraffic down so they can take it. I know I haven't enjoyed testing the game ever since. I had easily 3-4 daily hours of DayZ before the patches, now I feel reluctant to even take a look of the new patches.

You can both go and watch paint dry for all I and many others care.

Have fun.

Your words, wall of paint. Same to me and many others, too.