Sign in to follow this  

Game too easy.

Personally I think the game is difficult the way it is now with zombies being more perceptive of their surroundings so group me up with the "casuals" but I'm content with its current status. So no vote from me sorry.

Having hundreds of zombies destroy unarmed new players who spawn with nothing will just drive people away. The coast should spawn the weak blind zombies from pre 1.7, the coastal cities are fine as they are with current spawn rates and zombies. The northern cities/large towns could do with slightly more of the current zombies and the NW airfield/other rare loot locations can spawn those bugged super zombies from a few updates ago.

You want fancy guns? Team up & raid somewhere really difficult.

Also, mix things up and have a horde just leave a town & start screaming through the forest occasionally, hiding in the woods means you can survive indefinately really.

Side note: Zombies that are cleared out should not just keep respawning. That bugs the hell out of me, when I clear an area out and turn around to see every zombie I just killed has been replaced. Breaks the immersion somewhat.

As it stands the game is just too easy. It only takes 30 minutes to find the essentials and a weapon.

The reason being that you can just run straight to cherno /elektro/berezino/airfields and get everything you need without much hassle.

It's a dam city/airfield for god's sake ' date=' where the majority of the population would be so it needs MORE zombies in it. (...)

[/quote']

This is true. New player needs 20-30 minutes to collect all what he needs to survive and start killing survivors (lack of any drawbacks of killing other players must be fixed too).

I think loot rate should be based on dynamic system. Let's say Czerno, Elektro, Berezino and Airfield are the most populated and looted areas (they are now) so drop rate would be lowered there, but raised in NE airfield, smaller towns and villages.

I'm missing more random events like helicopter crash site. I'd suggest to add randomly placed police barricades, crashed ambulances, supply trucks, military convoys etc and corresponding loot, so players get rewards if they travel in wildness. Czernarus has so many roads and places to pick 100s of random spawn zones.

I couldn't agree more with the OP.

Cities are stupid right now, huge international hotel that looks like it has about 500 rooms, surrounded by apartments and large houses, and we've got what? Like 50 zombies in the WHOLE city?

http://dayzmod.com/images/gallery/dayz-gallery_p3.jpg

^ that's how the cities should look, like the first few episodes of the walking dead where he runs into crowds of zombies.

They're full of loot, why not make them more difficult than a village? You can't easily get morphine from the hospital now? Boo fucking hoo! Join a group, kill someone, find it elsewhere.

This is just one of the many ways this game needs to become more difficult. But, I have faith rocket will do it eventually.

Yeah. You are right.

The BIG(like Cherno or Elektro) cities should have more zombies. Hordes.

The same goes for airfield which I think was the last stand of the army protecting last way to evacuate civilians(also make the military zombies harder to kill).

I am okay with number of zombies in villages although it can go slightly up(more for medium cities like Zelenogorsk or Krasnostav).

[qoute]I'm missing more random events like helicopter crash site. I'd suggest to add randomly placed police barricades, crashed ambulances, supply trucks, military convoys etc and corresponding loot, so players get rewards if they travel in wildness. Czernarus has so many roads and places to pick 100s of random spawn zones.[/qoute]

This. More random places. Crashed military vehicles, crashed supply cars, abandoned camp sites, air drops etc.

Also I agree about changing loot tables.

Change deer stands spawn to hunter rifles/shotguns(no pistols or military rifles) and some equipment.

Add some more civilian weapon types and reduce chance for military spawn weapons.