Sign in to follow this  
ZomboWTF

Direct Drinking

I think you should be able to directly drink out of a pond/lake/water pump

I know this was once possible and got removed because you were able to drink out of the sea (which is BAD, i know)

but recently i found myself in a situation with no gun, no drinks to be found, and of course no water bottle

i know you can refill water bottles at lakes and at water pumps, but if you dont have one, i would like to be able to drink directly out of a lake or waterpump before i die of dehydration

i used the search function for "drink pond lake pup", but the search fnction somehow took forever when i finally gave up and just posted this

i just think its hillarious to have a game wanting to be as realistic as possible, but you die of dehydration while standing in a lake

I say drink from pumps, wells, etc, but from a pond it might be too dangerous.

We can always pretend we use charcoal tablets on our water bottles, but for free drinking from a stagnant pond? Yikes.

Much of the ponds in this game I wouldn't drink boiled water from, much less straight out.

well, yeah, you wouldnt, but a survivor in a zombie apocalypse having nothing to drink for two days? figure the answer out yourself

of course you could get diseases from drinking out of a lake, better then dieing right away

Death from dehydration while surrounded by drinkable water (when you loose your canteen) is one of my personal pet peeves with this game. If you are severely dehydrated the water from a pond, barrel or slimy puddle is still better than nothing, but yeah, I agree that you should be able to drink from a source without a container (cupped hands) and maybe even foraging for water wouldn't be a bad thing either.