Sign in to follow this  
PixelDaddy

Bandit/murder system stats?

Apologies if this has been covered before I've done some searching and can't find a thread that answers this.

What I 've been wondering is how the murder/bandit system currently works in regards to the stats in the debug.

I killed someone in self defence. I was up in the airport traffic control tower in Balota and suddenly sniper fire starts smashing the windows around me (pretty exciting moment). I take a hit, bleeding bad and shaking from shock. I go prone and wait for the shooting to stop, quick peek across the airfield and I see someone in a Ghille suit running across the field towards the tower. I get myself downstairs, close the doors, bandage myself and go prone and wait. Hearing footstep getting closer I aim at the closed doors.

The doors open, I hesitate for a second just to be sure it's the same guy and of course it's him crouched there with his ghille and huge sniper rifle. I blast him with my AK full auto across his chest and head.

Looting his corpse I find the guy is carrying lots of good loot (Coyote Backpack, SVD Camo, M9, Night vision, GPS, Entrenching tool, watch, compass, map).

So, considering the guy was definitely trying to kill me and he's carrying lots of nice stuff I would assume he was a bandit. However I received a murder in my stats not a bandit kill. Does that mean he wasn't normally a bandit and just fancied trying out his SVD this time. Or had it just a long time since he had murdered?

Once you've been labelled a 'bandit' does it stay with you indefinitely or does it leave you after playing some time without murdering? I read about the humanity system in other threads but wasn't sure how this works now.

Either way it's nice to have all his kit :)