Sign in to follow this  
derpie (DayZ)

Steam CO + Beta + DayZ

I'm having a bit of an issue here, I just re-installed my system and can't find the previous thread I used to manually move files around to make beta+combined ops+steam+dayz work together.

I've tried to "add non-steam" game with correct launch options to steam, with it I get the "missing chernarus" issue (Operation arrowhead beta without Arma 2 launching).

I have latest DayZ and Beta, and if I launch from steams C. Ops. it works, just without the beta patch.

So, any assist how to again make the whole darn trinity of Co ops+beta+dayz work on Steam?

Would be preferred if there's an option that doesn't include manually moving files, just to avoid having to redo that each new beta patch.

If not, then that is just fine too.

And apologies if there is already a dozen threads like this. I found no solution thus far. :)

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -nosplash

change the launch option for OA in steam to this

and don't forget to copy the arma2oa.exe of the expansion/beta-folder into the main-folder of OA (better backup the original arma2oa.exe).

Edit: This has to be done after each Arma 2 beta patch update.

Awesome, thanks!

What I did last time was not quite that simple, it required a lot more files moved around.

That .exe moving was what the ones I had read were missing, thanks.