Sign in to follow this  
DonWuerstel

Suggestion: get rid of the murder/bandit leader boards

i don't feel like starting trouble or something thelike.

and i don't know rickey. but he made a point here.

i know that this game isn't ment to be restrictive, and that freedom is the most important thing here.

but lets face it: i can't capture one of these bastard bandits and torture him.

when you look at videos on youtube you can see that this mod is moving in one bad direction:

at first it was:

"hey, lets play this mod.

omg, omg there are zombies, they are moving sooooo fast.

help me, help me.

hey cool, i found a gun"

now it is:

"oh, there is a bandit.

lets shoot him on sight.

oh, there is a zombie, i will just duck and walk. nothing will happen to me.

i think i am going to northwest airfield, there is a military camp."

if you really want to create the illusion of a zombie outbreak, you might want to go back to the uncertainty.

no more military camps. if you find an ak or a m16, it might be in one of those choppers that ain't in the same place on every server.

no more information (in numbers) about your humanity or your blood.

i get it. it's only an alpha yet. but soo many people play it and judge it on how it is now.

you don't want another shooter game like cod. and that is what got this mod so popular in so little time.

the very first step would be to get rid of a "murders" leader board and of a "bandits killed" leaderboard.

i'd very much like to know who ate the most beans.

and please don't just lock topics without a (sincere) reply.

people do want to help, and they put their very heart into it.

sincerly

me

This is the SUGGESTIONS forum. I changed your post to make it one when I should have probably just deleted it.

Trying to revive closed threads by copying them into a new one is... guess what?

this is not my original post.

the post was altered by forum staff without me infringing any of the actual (11.05.2012) forum rules.

i don't think that altering posts is really necessary and i would please like this thread to be locked. (as this was not the intention of this thread.)

no more military camps.

No. Removing military camps removes immersion and removes high-value locations for players to scavenge through.

Instead, increase the risk of choosing a military camp as your scavenging target. Increase the base spawn number of zombies for military camps. Increase the toughness of Military zombies.

Don't remove an important aspect of the game. Increase the risk.

no more information (in numbers) about your humanity or your blood.

I'm so indifferent to this suggestion I don't even understand its relevance. Yes the indicators already exist, but what will removing the numbers from the debug panel achieve?

you don't want another shooter game like cod

The core premise of this game is far separated from CoD. Even if zombies were to be removed it would still be vastly different to CoD.

These kinds of comparisons infuriate me and reduce the legitimacy of your argument.

the very first step would be to get rid of a "murders" leader board and of a "bandits killed" leaderboard.

I see the rationale behind this, but fundamentally disagree with it. Not going to go into further detail, as I've sworn off arguing the validity of PvP in this game.

i'd very much like to know who ate the most beans.

Pointless stats are my favourite stats!

I would love to see a 'Most Whiskey Bottles Thrown" leader board, or a "Most meat cooked on a fire" leader board.

+1 to having more leaderboards for hilariously pointless actions.

this is not my original post.

the post was altered by forum staff without me infringing any of the actual (11.05.2012) forum rules.

i don't think that altering posts is really necessary and i would please like this thread to be locked. (as this was not the intention of this thread.)

You revived a thread that had been shut down by a moderator by quoting it in your 'new' thread. Reviving of threads is almost always frowned upon, regardless of whether its written in the posted 'rules'.

You deliberately went against a moderator's actions by reviving the thread in the manner above.

If you want something actually in the posted rules, I don't doubt that this constituted you "being a pain in the ass".

Oktyabr was trying to give your post a legitimate chance to foster a discussion by turning it into a post with a suggestion, instead of locking/deleting it straight away. Which would you have preferred?

i would chose to be taken serious at any time.

i ment what i wrote then, and i mean what i write now.

i felt that that fellow rickey back then didn't deserve a fair chance for his post to be discussed. partly because i do feel like he does. but not giving him a voice ain't right.

i deliberately went against the action of letting that issue go unheard.

that issue was not against any rule. and it was locked without the chance of being discussed.

my original post didn't violate any forum rule either, but it was altered nevertheless.

my reply may seem ridiculous to most of you, but i still would like this thread to be locked.

you are talking about a legitimate chance.

if something i say is offensive or against common sense, please delete it.

if something i say is irrelevant, it will go unnoticed anyway.

but if it is neither, why would you support deleting it?

why would you support censorship?

please, any mod, could you lock this thread? again, the original meaning got lost in the alteration. i do not consider this my post.