Zetal

Zombies A Challenge?

I've been here before with the same suggestion- a long while ago. Waited awhile once the first breeze of 'infection' came rolling in, in the hopes that the game would move towards a more challenging environment. It took some decent steps and I was kind of hoping for more in that direction but it seems we're getting 'aesthetics' patches in place of that ideal. I'm not irritated at anyone- the devs do this for free, and have make marked improvements from where the game has stood for a long while, but this post is just a plea for a reorganization of priorities.

This goes for both the mod (which I understand will be developed indefinitely) and the Standalone itself. However, this is primarily targeted to the mod as we don't particularly know enough about the standalone yet, but... regardless.

Infection was a good step. Zombies are still a complete and utter joke. They hit gently, move slowly, think poorly, and overall aren't a threat whatsoever. One of these 'detriments' are fine. They're zombies, after all. Slow, but deadly. Stupid, but predatory. Weak, but fast. Any of those would be acceptable, but... all of them leads to filler noise-generators. 

I've gone over this before and, honestly, if you want more detail you can just check some of my old topics.

The end result is different, now. Is this really where the devs want the game to be, in terms of challenge rating?

If it is, then...fine. I guess. That's..fine. It's just not the game for me. Maybe some people are happy with it, that's fine for them- I just want an answer.

If it's where Rocket wants the game to be sitting at... Well, I guess SA isn't the game for me, either.

I'd like to know.

Rocket has had no hand in the development of the Mod for around a year now - the mod is handled by a seperate team of volunteer developers that are fans of the game like yourself.

Trust me when I say that the zombies in the standalone are a much bigger threat.

Even the additional numbers make it a significant threat - it's went from around 50 zombies in Elektro with a few people to over 300 when the server loads.

At the moment for the mod, you are right, they aren't a threat.. a minor annoyance at best - the standalone is a while different beast and will go with Rockets original vision of a hard and gritty DayZ.

Patches to the mod are approved by Rocket, as far as I know. Has this changed?

Patches to the mod are approved by Rocket, as far as I know. Has this changed?

I'm pretty sure they are given the go ahead but the mod team is allowed to go their own direction with the mod, they have been going their own direction for a while now.

The standalone release is going to follow the original concept for DayZ and it's shaping up to be pretty awesome already - it can only get better.