Sign in to follow this  
Isador Akios

My Game lags after a while...

Hey... I have seen A FEW simmilar posts but have not found a permanent solution apart from "Just flush"

So here is my problem...
I play for about 30 mins or so at about 20 frames (yeah my computer is poor, sue me ;D) 
But then some sort of lag spike happens ... in which my framerate drops to like 3-6 and the details on my game go really ... erm... blotchy? 
And I usually flush (as does any good DayZ gamer does when having graphics problems) and it temp fixes it... until later when it happens again...
And the reason I am asking this question at all is due to the fact that... I do not want a temp fix any more AND it is nearing christmas... so I have enough money stored to go out and buy myself X pieces of hardware (X being the number of said hardware pieces I need to get to make this problem permanently go away) 
So yeah... 
Thanks for all the help you are about to give me and.. well....suggestions chaps ? :D 

in which my framerate drops to like 3-6 and the details on my game go really ... erm... blotchy? 

And I usually flush (as does any good DayZ gamer does when having graphics problems) and it temp fixes it

sounds a bit like overheating, to me anyway.

sounds a bit like overheating, to me anyway.

Well how do I confirm this? I feel my computer after it happens and I feel no overheating? Any definitive way to prove it? 

To see if it's over heating get yourself some temperature software downloaded, try download.com for a safe one to download.

Then set it to show on top of your game and watch the temp to see if it spikes as your game lags up.

Otherwise, have you Defragmented your hard drive to see if it's an issue there that's slowing down the game as more and more textures/objects need pulling from your drive?

To see if it's over heating get yourself some temperature software downloaded, try download.com for a safe one to download.

Then set it to show on top of your game and watch the temp to see if it spikes as your game lags up.

Otherwise, have you Defragmented your hard drive to see if it's an issue there that's slowing down the game as more and more textures/objects need pulling from your drive?

I can try the first one , but I am not TOO computer savy, so what do you mean by defragmentation? And how do I do / what will it do?