Sign in to follow this  
Pvt Parts (DayZ)

Another pretty nooby question here.

So, I jumped onto a server last night to try the new .5 patch as it has solved the majority of the issues everyone was having. It's all going well, I'm sneaking around, doing much better than when the zombies had super detection. Still found no weapon other than a melee, but that was a mix of me not knowing the right direction to head in to have the best chance at some loot and seeming to get into town just after a small group twice in a row (different towns, different groups). Through my own fault of turning away from the monitor to answer my girl friend, one of the Zeds I could hear near by spotted me, a few swings of my trusty axe and he's down, but I took a few hits before he dropped. I bandage myself up and set on my way, all of a sudden I'm three levels of visibility higher than I was just. I assume I was standing, which i wasn't. I assume it could be how close I was to the road, so I wander back the way I came into the grass but no, still three levels higher that I was when I was just here in the exact same position. The only difference being I'd take a heavy hit to my blood. So this leads me to my question...

Does your condition have any effect on how sneaky you are at any given moment?

So as, would a crouched person with full blood be less detectable than a person with say 4k blood in the exact same position/location?

No it doesn't. It does affect your own awareness though as your screen goes black and white and sometimes shakey, and you can get loss of hearing.

Thus could affect your general sneaking abilities since your senses are a bit messed up. So in a round about way... yes. :D

That I cannot answer. It could have just been a bug because when you prone you should have visibility of 1.