Reservoir

We look for the standalone?

Oi, some news for you. Arma 2 is on sale for 80% off on the Bohemia store.

https://store.bistudio.com/action-fps-games

So if you still wanna try the mod, I'd say now is the time. 8 bucks really isn't a lot to drop, considering all the other great mods there are for DayZ, which won't be in the SA. 

• Like 1

Oi, some news for you. Arma 2 is on sale for 80% off on the Bohemia store.

https://store.bistudio.com/action-fps-games

So if you still wanna try the mod, I'd say now is the time. 8 bucks really isn't a lot to drop, considering all the other great mods there are for DayZ, which won't be in the SA. 

8 bucks! Really!? I was gonna say get it but now I say double get it!

I'm so surprised to see all the votes for "wait" . . .

Bean me if this rings true with you fellas? I felt like after seeing just a smattering of stuff (vids, an article, whatever) I already knew DayZ was gonna be my favorite game ever without actually playing it yet.

I see some magic in a scenario where you spawn into SA for the first time having never played the game before. But a stronger intuition says I think Reservoir will enjoy it more if he plays mod, gets some practice in, understands how it works and finds his footing, he'll enjoy the SA even more. I think we'll be playing both mod and SA for at least a year, anyway. And I think even at full price, buying ArmaCO just to play DayZ for just one year is a fantastic bargain: CAVEAT if you are true believer, cliche but true. A player is either enamored with the project or not, simple as that. If in the former, I say please send Bohemia all money you can. Buy your friend a copy as well, and play it with him! Even if Standalone came out Jan 1st (my prediction), then you have 40 days to play mod, and you just don't have any idea how much fun and crazy shit you can get into in 40 days. That's a long time in DayZ. So much fun shit, I say go for it. 

• Like 1

There are several very old problems with DayZ so i never would by it as a standalone (its will be waing money)

If u buy Arma2 at least u will have a good Tactic game, and can play DayZ with all that since month unsolved problems. If u will buy a standalone u will be only get a lot of crap.

There are several very old problems with DayZ so i never would by it as a standalone (its will be waing money)

If u buy Arma2 at least u will have a good Tactic game, and can play DayZ with all that since month unsolved problems. If u will buy a standalone u will be only get a lot of crap.

The DayZ standalone has its own engine, new anti-hack (VAC) system and lots more. The old issues that were caused by Arma 2 will not happen. Please read before you post.