Sign in to follow this  
Fifty -50-

Remove Crowbar spawns since hatchet works 1.7.1.5

Now that the hatchet is working successfully (for me at least) for both melee and chopping wood...I see no reason to have crowbar spawns in the game. Was hoping they could be removed so we could see other loot back in their places..like more beans and beverages etc.

Now that the hatchet is working successfully (for me at least) for both melee and chopping wood...I see no reason to have crowbar spawns in the game. Was hoping they could be removed so we could see other loot back in their places..like more beans and beverages etc.

Eh, i dont really agree with the argument. It would be like saying:

Remove the Makarov because other 9mm are much better and its not a starter weapon anymore, so its pointless.

Remove garbage items like cans and bottles because they serve no purpose.

Remove flashlights because everyone spawns with one anyway.

More items spawning adds to the game immersion, no matter what the items are. The fact that some of the "junk" items are more functional than others does not mean they should go away.

Also, the assumption that adding more items takes away from the chance that useful things spawn isn't nessicarily true either. All loot tables have a chance that nothing spawns, and each time he adds a new item to a table, he could be taking away from the chance that "nothing" spawns. or the chance that garbage spawns.

Eh' date=' i dont really agree with the argument. It would be like saying:

Remove the Makarov because other 9mm are much better and its not a starter weapon anymore, so its pointless.

More items spawning adds to the game immersion, no matter what the items are. The fact that some of the "junk" items are more functional than others does not mean they should go away.

Also, the assumption that adding more items takes away from the chance that useful things spawn isn't nessicarily true either. All loot tables have a chance that nothing spawns, and each time he adds a new item to a table, he could be taking away from the chance that "nothing" spawns. or the chance that garbage spawns.

[/quote']

I'll agree and disagree. At less the crowbar should have something special like a quote from Gordon Freeman himself like: " " or " ".

In all seriousness the axe is pretty weak already and we don't need a weaker than weaker weapon with no alt purpose.

Eh' date=' i dont really agree with the argument. It would be like saying:

[/quote']

I'll agree and disagree. At less the crowbar should have something special like a quote from Gordon Freeman himself like: " " or " ".

In all seriousness the axe is pretty weak already and we don't need a weaker than weaker weapon with no alt purpose.

I would agree if it were against a suggestion to ADD a crowbar, but there is no reason to remove it now that it's there.

Yeah, I kinda agree but it really is kinda senseless to remove stuff. Instead there should be a function for crowbars, like barring doors, or breaking into unenterable buildings to make some shitty loot spawn on the doorstep.

Or something

i should change the title to "make crowbars not useless" i can see where you all are coming from saying it is pointless to remove them since they are already in game..at least give them another use...because hatchets fall from the sky like rain...making crowbars 99% useless. only way i would use one for a brief period is if i respawned and came across it before i did a hatchet...which isnt likely since hatchets are everywhere.

by the way cans do have a purpose...they work just fine for distracting zombies for me at the moment :P