Sign in to follow this  
Sieze_

OVerburned

Well I have been playing dayz for a little while now, but I just got overburned? I dont know what it is and cant find anything about it. Can you guys tell me what it is and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

can you elaborate on what you mean by you 'just got overburned'? as in, is it a physical effect your character has picked up from somewhere - is it something that's happened to an item you own - etc. etc.?

can you elaborate on what you mean by you 'just got overburned'? as in, is it a physical effect your character has picked up from somewhere - is it something that's happened to an item you own - etc. etc.?

I believe I have over heated. I passed out and it said over burned. Or ust tired of running. One of those two. I just need to know how to fix it.

You mean overburdened? This happens on Epoch when you're carrying too much shit.

Drop some of the heavy stuff you are carrying like cinderblocks, safes or fuel barrels.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

OH I see it looked like overburned for the second it showed up..... Thanks for the help.!!

ah no wonder i didnt know of it, don't play epoch ^^

I kinda like that system. Having it implemented in vanilla DayZ would be nice.

It's actually a pretty good system. It's a mod by itself but Epoch uses it. It adds weight to an item so even if you could fit 4 helicopter Main Rotors in your backpack you couldn't get very far with them. It slows down the "dash-n-loot" a bit when dealing with things like car parts or even guns if you cram three into your backpack. You can very quickly find yourself panting and then your heart hammering, and then eventually so exhausted you pass out. If zombies are chasing you at the time... well.. we know what happens next. 

Once you're exhausted you can't aim easily as your gun constantly sways and so most people will pause and catch their breath so they can fire back if they need to since they know they can't run forever. 

the higher your load is over 100 lbs the higher chance you have to get knocked out, it will say how much you have in the upper portion of your gear menu