Sign in to follow this  
Grunt9101

Looking for hardcore survivalist server that's hack free!

So, I've come back to DayZ and the server I used to run on is gone. I'm looking for a server that is reliable with admins who don't abuse their powers and play by the rules, and that has good anti hacks in place. 

I'd like it to be hardcore survivalist, not like these servers with 18 helicopters and LMG's handed out oprah winfrey style. Anyone know of a server like this? 

• Like 2

so far dayzero podagorsk is the best for hardcore survival in my opinion. you start with a bandage, small backpack, and some painkillers. loot and and vehicles are extremely rare. the only 2 chat channels that you can access are direct and vehicle. the only downside is without a compass you have to be very careful you don't drift to far north because for whatever reason they left the northern half of the map empty besides an army base near the northern edge of the map. my first time playing I did this and wasted at least 4 hours before making it back. there are army bases but if you look at the loot chart on the website there is extremely low chance that any military grade weapons spawning. also every weapon is either tweaked or replaced along with many new guns being added. and many new clothing items are added as well.

hmm, that sounds like a good time. But i did enjoy my all chat to pass the time lol, and not having the top half of  the map is weird. Do you know of any other servers that might not be as hardcore, but still good? 

So, I've come back to DayZ and the server I used to run on is gone. I'm looking for a server that is reliable with admins who don't abuse their powers and play by the rules, and that has good anti hacks in place. 

I'd like it to be hardcore survivalist, not like these servers with 18 helicopters and LMG's handed out oprah winfrey style. Anyone know of a server like this? 

You're quite welcoem to check out our DayZcraft server (link in signature). 

it's an Epoch survival/hardcore server, mostly PvE (because the current levels of population) but there are at least two bandit groups active on the server among our 6 or 7 dedicated groups active.

You start with just 1 bandage, there are a few Points of interest added to the map but no stupid map updates like 20 barracks in cherno, you need to really search for loot!

No choppers spawn randomly, any choppers you find are what other players have either bought or stolen - even then they are very rare as they are very expensive! Standard vehicles do spawn (about 200 scattered about the map) but usually need repairs and theyre scattered about - you dont fall over them on every street! 

There's only a few decent scripts such as some AI bandits/Survivors spawning occasionally in hot spots about the map, towing/cargo and . Nothing like auto refuel scripts etc. 

No crosshairs enabled, there are increased zombie numbers (so they swarm and are genuinely a threat!) and I'm the only administrator that has access to full admin tools but there re a few members who have rcon moderation rights (to kick/ban) but, so far we've not had many issues with hackers. 

Prices for goods are better balanced on our server too with stuff like Night vision available (in limited numbers) but costing a lot of Gold! Basically anything that makes surviving easier costs a lot of resources and takes time - so no just buying great gear after 10 mins of playing! Many of the very best kit cant be bought too (such as Large gun bags), they only spawn and need to be scavenged! The traders on our server serve mostly to sell scavenged gear and to provide some more building supplies for building/fortifying your stonghold.

Its a good server and plays out well. You might also want to check out the Moustache Gaming servers which are bit more PvP, have a better population and really well administrated.

Good luck fidning a server though

Edited by Box
  • Like 2

Hey Box, that server sounds fantastic! I'm going to jump on that one asap. So it sounds like there's a lot of new things added like traders and gold and what not, which is awesome. I'll check out your link and hopefully be joining up as soon as I intall the game :D

Good thing about survivalist server is, when you find a damm fal you DESERVE IT. When you find a NV you DESERVE IT. That is the real idea of DayZ, that was the Golden age of Hive servers.

exactly, thta's the kind of game i wanna play in. Sounds like Box's server is pretty much what I'm looking for though, and has a helthy population. I"ll be on that one soon hopefully :)

Try DayZ Despair. There is a thread on this forum about it. It is an extremely hardcore version, with forced first person, no side chat, no tags, totally reworked loot tables with nvgs and gps removed, as well as many of the high end military loot gone. It's the best version of DayZ I have ever played. Oh, and they got the temperature fixed somehow, so you actually have to worry about survival at night now.

They have also removed unlimited fuel from tanks now, you will never find more than 80-100L in any tank, forcing you to conserve fuel.

Edited by Merrick362

nice, that sounds crazy. but I didnt' know things had unlimited fuel, is that a general thing or something jut some servers add?