Sign in to follow this  
rickyd1

Suggestion: PVE server (closed)

Lemme start of by first saying. I have not came here to whine.

Now we've all played dayz where we've collected so much stuff over hours of playing to be then killed randomly by somebody.. wither they randomly shoot your or just turn against you for no reason. And then you think.. i just spent so much time collecting all that shit. Oh well Its fun to start over again. So you go do it all over again with the same outcome.

Theres been times where i've run all the way across the map, as we know it takes along time. To then be killed again... randomly. It's not survival any more. it's just death match and throw in a bunch of dumb zombies and nerf them every few patches. I played in early days of this mod and when people was new to the mod they thought it was a really good idea to play together. I remember being in huge groups, at one time there was 17 of us. Now your lucky to even find a friendly player. At-least is it worth trying to find a friendly player? because 80% of the time you gunna get shot for no reason. And when i say nerfed zombies, I mean the detection level is so low now, you can basically crawl past them in full daylight or shoot about 25-30 meters away and the zombies wont even respond.

As you can guess I'm not the kind of player who goes out and kills for fun. I like the idea of the zombie mod, where you make friends & groups, survive, look for stuff and work towards making something. If I wanted to Kill players I'd just play normal Arma, I don't see the point in killing people who are preoccupied by improving their characters and escaping zombies. But that's just my opinion.

And my opinion is, i would really like some sort of PvE server. Some place i can feel i can play the mod properly without some mindless kid shooting me for some pistol mags and beans. I've been waiting for weeks and there's no talk about this. Today i did some research on how to fix a car up. including that and actually doing it. it took me just over 5 hours to finally get it going. The moment i got into the car i was shot in the head and killed. Now I'm the sorta person who would of shared the car or built it with someone else. After that you get that feeling again when you wonder why i play this mod at all. So I've decided to stop playing now, It is fun but I've never played anything where somebody can be so spiteful and ruin your game and so much time and effort in split second. I'll probably keep checking back from time to time to see if anything changes. but for now I'll just go join my friends who also went on to play something else because of this. Sorry if it sounds like a whining thread.

Thanks for reading this.

P.S. You need to make the zombies more challenging like before. When you had to think about shooting your gun.

Your *suggestion* is to have a PvE server, which has been suggested before and is not likely to happen any time soon, if ever.

Take a break and remember, this is an ALPHA. It will change a lot, some times fast.

Closed.