Sign in to follow this  
Chaos21 (DayZ)

Looking for beginner friendly group, US/have mic/above 18

I'm 19 years old, and big fan of zombie survivals. The concept of DayZ has always attracted me, even before it came out. I just started playing because I finally got an alright GPU (still low-end) and I'm loving it, but it just seems so much more fun with others. I'm looking for a hero group, bandit group, neutral, whatever, I just want to get playing. I started off trying the hero thing but I realized quickly that you can't trust anyone. I'm looking forward to replies.

• Like 1

Hi mate, welcome to Day Z! You are more than welcome to check us out @ BSB Network (http://www.bsbnetwork.com )

We're an adult group of gamers based in the UK with many English speaking US & EU members.  We're a good size, not so big that  you get lost among a sea of randoms; but a good little group of players.

We have been gaming since 2002 and we've supported Day Z since launch and will be supporting it well into stand alone, so we're not some fly-by-night clan that will have disappeared in  couple of weeks - we're stable and consistent.

We've currently got an Epoch server that is active and has a group of our regulars playing on it. It's mostly PvE stuff at present given the sizes of the population, but as our guys play in small groups there's still plenty of PvP action and there is a dedicated bandit group on the server.

We host regular events on the server and  it's well administrated (no admin abuse!) with a few tweaks for improved and balanced gameplay - nothing like OP load outs or ridiculous edits that make the game boring and too easy!

We have our own Teamspeak server too and our guys use this for teamwork as well as just having a laugh and a bit of banter as they play.  We also play other games together too, such as ARMA 3, Left 4 Dead, World of Tanks, CoH, War Thunder etc, etc. All are welcome to come along and join in, we have no special rules or requirements, all we ask is for fair play (no cheating!) and a bit of common sense. Membership to our clan isn't even necessary, everything is quite casual and social but if players want to step things up a little the opportunity is there.

Anyway, feel free to swing by our Teamspeak and EPoch server any time matey. Details are on our website @ http://www.bsbnetwork.Com

Hello 

PDi is now recruting we are looking for members that are 16+.

We are a new commuity but groving fast we are 60+ members, every member is free to play what ever they want and do mostly what ever you want, only rules we have are that you are friendly and that you don't behave like a dick.
we have our own servers on (BF3,TF2,Dayz and a Arma 3 sa-matra) you are free to play on what ever sever you like if its our or a random one thats up to you.

TS:ts.pdi-gaming.com

If you generally enjoy Making a joke out of virtually anything, Have thick-skin (not offended easily) and would like to be on comms where nothing is off limits give us a look;

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/143870-dirty-rotten-bandits-casualany-modpvp-focus-ts3/

Our primary focus is PvP/Player hunting/Tears Harvesting. Very informal and relaxed environment, just know that TS3 is pretty much ALWAYS NSFW.

Hey Guys,

I run a growing gaming called Original Degree.

We are a community of about 10 right now, but we are looking to expand! We host a DayZ Epoch server at the moment, and are planning to expand to a Garry's Mod Server, another DayZ server, a wasteland server, and maybe an Arma Island Life server. 

We are all friends here and everyone knows each other and games together! If you think that you would like this, we urge you to come give us a chance! We play weekdays and pretty much all weekend every single weekend!

We promise we'll never beg you for donations or shun you out of the group, we're just trying to have fun, playing altogether as a big community!

On a side note, We are looking for Support Staff right now, Teamspeak technical skills/website skills are helpful but not mandatory. A Support Staff's job is to direct new players to channels or help them if they ever run into trouble while joining a server, or if they have any trouble at all!
(Support Staff must be involved in the community for 1 week before applying)

If you'd like to join,

Teamspeak: ts3.originaldegree.net

2hwllhe.jpg

I'm 19 years old, and big fan of zombie survivals. The concept of DayZ has always attracted me, even before it came out. I just started playing because I finally got an alright GPU (still low-end) and I'm loving it, but it just seems so much more fun with others. I'm looking for a hero group, bandit group, neutral, whatever, I just want to get playing. I started off trying the hero thing but I realized quickly that you can't trust anyone. I'm looking forward to replies.

Chaos, you sound like someone who has a taste for the 'narrative of DayZ'.  I'm part of a small but diverse group that is playing DayZ Origins, which is a mod that I think will help you transition into regular DayZ quite well.

Here are some things about it:

• There is house building, so you can store stuff you need for later.
  • We play a mix of Bandits and Heroes.  The Humanity system in Origins is really simple and, as you get better, you get some pretty cool skins.
  • We have plenty of guns and are always looting barracks/airfields for more.
  • Expect to go out on repetive loot runs.  But unlike other DayZ mods, you get to store your well-earned rewards in a secure place.
  • There is a vehicle system that will make it easier for you to learn how to fix vehicles, as well as fly/drive them.  You'll get more hands on experience with driving/repairing vehicles in 1-2 weeks of Origins than you will with 1-3 months of regular DayZ (considering that you are a beginner).

It becomes more PVP-MMO like.  Think of it as a Fallout 3+DayZ+WoW mixture.  You're surviving but you have a small crew of companions+a base+storage to depend on. This results in a kind of narrative feel to Origins because not only are you always trying to survive, you're also trying to leave a 'legacy'.  It's tribe oriented...not unlike what our ancestors used to do....but with guns and zombies (and mutants and AI Mercs and super zombies).  In the end, it allows for more interaction with random players and clans.  It forces you to do things you won't be too proud of, such as shooting innocent people who get too close to your rare gear, and it forces you to question your surroundings.  Just because some group is a hero clan doesn't mean they won't shoot you, another hero, even if you do yell "friendly" at them and do you do the same in their shoes?  Or just because one group is friendly now doesn't mean they won't turn their backs on you, do you swith allies to another group or continue?  Those are just some of the ethical/moral dilemmas you'll encounter (moreso than regular DayZ) as you play.

In the end, I really think you'll become a better player if you stick with us.  That way, if you do decide to play regular DayZ as well, you will not only have more experience with the simple mechanics, but you'll be more familiar and efficient.  It's the usual DayZ experience but at a much faster, movie-like pace.

PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the TeamSpeak info.

Edited by FreewheelinDylan