Moonchill

[DayZ Epoch] Crashes on loading/just after entering game

Hey Everyone,

I seem to be encountering a strange problem when I try running DayZ Epoch. Whenever I try to load the game, it crashes when the loading screen hits around 80-90%. This happens after I've managed to enter the lobby. My computer freezes and then crashes to my desktop, displaying a "Arma 2: OA has stopped working" (or something similar, its in Dutch), tries to look for a solution, fails, and forces me to close the game. Sometimes it lets me into the game, I get a few seconds of gameplay, after which it crashes.

The strange part is that I can play DayZ without a problem, besides the same bit happening when I close the game. It displays the "Arma 2: OA has stopped working", tries to look for a solution, fails, and forces me to close the game.

I've run out of ideas on how to fix this.

I've tried the following:

- Restarting my computer.

- Deleting the Epoch folder, and reinstalling it.

- Verifying the game cache of both Arma 2 and OA.

- Tried running steam as an administrator.

- Tried running DayZ Commander as an administrator.

- Tried running DayZ without Steam.

The problem started after I tried applying a squad XML link, but wasn't resolved by simply removing the link.

Here is the list of questions you asked in the "Please fill out before making a thread"-thread:

Which version of the game did you purchase?

Steam

Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch?

I have tried running the game with and without the beta patch turned on. Same result. I'm not sure what beta patch I'm using.

Which method are you using to launch the game?

DayZ Commander

What is the Error/Problem you're having?

See above.

Your PC specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

SSD: Samsung SSD 840 Series ATA Device

Your Operating System:

Window 7

I tried to take a screenshot, but seeing my computer freezes at this point, and there is no error message besides the "Arma 2: OA stopped working" one, there isn't really a point anyway.

I'm hoping someone comes up with a solution.

Edit: Derp

Edited by Moonchill

same problem here the game was runing fine then it started to crash ,i was playing mgtt panthera server

Hi, appologies for digging up this old thread but I thought I'd share my fix for this problem as it had been affecting me for a couple of days.

You need to delete the mission file of the server from your arma2 OA cache, for me it was in:

C:\Users\Squarepusher\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

Hope this helps

nope, doesn't work :(

Edited by Squarepusher

As square said, delete the mission caches of ALL locations (local data, steam folder, etc) for both arma 2 and OA. Is this only on one server, or all epoch servers? You said vanilla dayz works fine, so it must be a problem in epoch. under Dayz commander, reinstall epoch. Load up the game again and see if it still does it. If it does, go into your local data. Easiest way to do this is by opening Run (windows key + R) and typing in %localappdata%

From there, go into Arma 2 OA folder and open the ArmA2OA RPT file. This is basically a log of every game you join. Scroll to the very bottom, and copy and paste the last 20 lines or so into a reply here.

• Like 1

As square said, delete the mission caches of ALL locations (local data, steam folder, etc) for both arma 2 and OA. Is this only on one server, or all epoch servers? You said vanilla dayz works fine, so it must be a problem in epoch. under Dayz commander, reinstall epoch. Load up the game again and see if it still does it. If it does, go into your local data. Easiest way to do this is by opening Run (windows key + R) and typing in %localappdata%

From there, go into Arma 2 OA folder and open the ArmA2OA RPT file. This is basically a log of every game you join. Scroll to the very bottom, and copy and paste the last 20 lines or so into a reply here.

I'm having the same problem... so here is what you asked

Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 109, 111, 163
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 109, 163, 162
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 107, 109, 162
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 107, 162, 161
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 105, 107, 161
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 105, 161, 160
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 103, 105, 160
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 103, 160, 159
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 101, 103, 159
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 101, 159, 158
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 99, 101, 158
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 99, 158, 157
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 155, 97, 156
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 155, 156, 185
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 153, 155, 185
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 153, 185, 184
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 151, 153, 184
Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\soda_smasht_clean_empty.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 151, 184, 183
Error in expression <group= leader>
  Error position: <>
  Error Invalid number in expression
Error in expression <group= leader>
  Error position: <>
  Error Invalid number in expression