Sugar Jakobs

My experience with Bandits

Thats got to be one of the easiest ways to kill people. Lure them in with offers of friendship and then kill them. Maybe even be friendly at first so the person lets down there gaurd so you can shoot them in the back of the head with no resistance.

What makes it even easier to kill people in this manner is that most people who fall for these tricks are noobs.

I have more respect for spawn killers in Bolota who have custom loadouts.

I agree. I just really started playing the game last night. Got a nice car, learned how to trade at the vendors and buy things I needed. I was being shot at an airstrip and I said I was friendly and drove off - but those in side channel of course said they weren't the ones shooting and they were friendly also. This is when he kept asking me in side channel if I was still there, if I left, where I was going, what kind of stuff I had, if we could meet up so I could help him (seems like an obvious red flag to me now). Was gonna be nice and give him some other medical stuff, food, and extra weapons I had picked up as well. Told him I was at vendors and would be there in a minute. He came and stole my car while I was off trading. Then told me he found a car and would come pick me up (which looking back, I wasn't the one who needed the ride so I don't know why I got in) but while I was looking on the map for a hospital to go to so we can get more supplies since "someone" stole my car, he shot me and killed me. And then that's when I realized there was a small clan of them who took my car and were surrounding me. <_< True scum of the island.

Edited by Shelby13

I agree. I just really started playing the game last night. Got a nice car, learned how to trade at the vendors and buy things I needed. I was being shot at an airstrip and I said I was friendly and drove off - but those in side channel of course said they weren't the ones shooting and they were friendly also. This is when he kept asking me in side channel if I was still there, if I left, where I was going, what kind of stuff I had, if we could meet up so I could help him (seems like an obvious red flag to me now). Was gonna be nice and give him some other medical stuff, food, and extra weapons I had picked up as well. Told him I was at vendors and would be there in a minute. He came and stole my car while I was off trading. Then told me he found a car and would come pick me up (which looking back, I wasn't the one who needed the ride so I don't know why I got in) but while I was looking on the map for a hospital to go to so we can get more supplies since "someone" stole my car, he shot me and killed me. And then that's when I realized there was a small clan of them who took my car and were surrounding me. <_< True scum of the island.

I don't think this is as terrible as you make it sound here. If you had not put yourself in a position where you could be taken advantage of like this, then you'd have not been shot like that, nor would they have gotten your stuff easily. If you ever intend on playing friendly with a person, I'd seriously recommending either getting them on skype/teamspeak with you to seal the deal or be sure that they *can't* kill you. Whether that be by making them a spotter, with no weaponry - or not involving them at all if they refuse. Out there in Chernarus, your life is not as valuable as the beans on your corpse. That's why you leave no room for trust.

Edited by Sugar Jakobs

After sorting my way through a crashed helicopter for a new weapon, leaving my old one for any whom might stumble across the site (which I mentioned in side chat the coordinates), I headed off to the NE Airfield, spotting that several people were meeting up there according to the side chat. I knew that if they were all meeting up without knowing one another beforehand, at least one would be willing to spare a bloodbag for me. Upon reaching the airfield however and setting up in several bushes, I heard the sounds of several guns firing off at one another. Turns out that the man that got to the rendezvous first also brought a bandit friend; setting up and waiting for the other two to arrive. Suffice it to say, things did not end well. The two friendlies died, but not without first dropping the first man's friend - before he himself logged to avoid death at my hands, after I stated in side chat "You shouldn't have done that."

I waited it out for a while, knowing that the two friendlies were on their way back to grab their gear and hopefully bloodbag me. It took some time and some caution to get close enough to one of them to speak to them - my gun directed at his back just in case. Turned out that they were indeed 100% friendly, so after awhile I dropped my guard some.

Unfortunately, we spent much too long dicking around there, the server lagging a little too hard for us to blood bag eachother properly without spending minutes doing it. This led to us being shot in the backs by an M14, the owner of which probably the guy that had logged earlier and reappeared under a different name ( that is my suspicion at least ).

For that I am sorry, BrillBilly and Justin - that was a crappy call on my part to stick within that dangerous area for too long. I got you both killed again. I won't make the same mistake twice.