Sign in to follow this  
Officer Slater

Being stabbed in the back...

Ok so I've been playing Day Z for a few days an absolutely loving it. I have learned the hard way not to hesitate when seeing armed strangers and usually just shoot on sight or try to stay undetected. Lately I've tried something different. If it looks like the player is really new or only has a damn flashlight then i leave them be but usually leave the area.

Well i was sitting in the Bolata airfield tower after finding a dead player with tons of gear and an m1014 with loads of ammo. I hear footsteps. The guy has a mic and he says he's coming up and he's unarmed so don't shoot. I know how frustrating it is to make a run to Bolata and die the second you get there so i give this guy a chance. He finds a weapon and as im about to take my leave we hear gunshots. He covers the ladder and i watch the stairs. After about a minute i hear a crack and I'm lying on the floor with a huge fucking hole in the back of my head where this guy turned around and shot me.

I thought for a split second i found someone trustworthy enough to talk to and interact with for a few moments but i was dead wrong. From now on I don't care if all i have is a hatchet and i have to pull The Shining on some guys I'm going HAM at the first sign of trouble. All I have to say is lesson learned.

I kill on sight now.... sometimes feels very harsh... but that's life in DayZ.

I kind of tell myself it's ok because at least thier "stuff" is now in use by another survivor for the good of the human race and at least they had a quick painless death.

I was at Tolga? Power station. First 10 mins after spawning. It wa sjust after Hatchets were put into the game. I looted the place found a nice AK Kobra among other things.

I walked out found an unarmed noob. He tried to hide. I saluted him, he saw. I walked off.

I am out and about shooting zombies testing my new ak. I then see the guy walking with a hatchet and walks past me. I had a zombie in my face so I was shooting it first then CRACK! broken bones insta death......He cracked me in the SKULL!!!

As painful as it is most of the time, I still try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I think the 1 or 2 out of 10 people who are genuinely friendly make up for the rest that turn hostile sooner or later haha.

Ok so I've been playing Day Z for a few days an absolutely loving it. I have learned the hard way not to hesitate when seeing armed strangers and usually just shoot on sight or try to stay undetected. Lately I've tried something different. If it looks like the player is really new or only has a damn flashlight then i leave them be but usually leave the area.

Well i was sitting in the Bolata airfield tower after finding a dead player with tons of gear and an m1014 with loads of ammo. I hear footsteps. The guy has a mic and he says he's coming up and he's unarmed so don't shoot. I know how frustrating it is to make a run to Bolata and die the second you get there so i give this guy a chance. He finds a weapon and as im about to take my leave we hear gunshots. He covers the ladder and i watch the stairs. After about a minute i hear a crack and I'm lying on the floor with a huge fucking hole in the back of my head where this guy turned around and shot me.

I thought for a split second i found someone trustworthy enough to talk to and interact with for a few moments but i was dead wrong. From now on I don't care if all i have is a hatchet and i have to pull The Shining on some guys I'm going HAM at the first sign of trouble. All I have to say is lesson learned.

I did something similar at Balota too :P The guy said peace in the tower over direct chat. I said sure, im comming down (i was upstairs). Came down, he was looting a body so i shot him in the head and proceeded to loot him.

Its part of the game, kill or be killed. Simple really.