haywardgb

DayZ Epoch - AI Bandits / Survivors - Side Missions - Self Bloodbag etc.

its really sad that it goes down ...

I would take the server if I could but from May on games are not my main interest, it is a winter thing for me.

And its really a shame so many people changed to the standalone, which is ...

not even an alpha IMHO.

The german games mag "PC Games" did a first look video and they are right with what they mentioned:

- Animation of the Zeds is a joke after all the time of development

- sound: same thing

- there is hardly nothing in the game at the moment

- One year to the beta? Really? I mean ... When was Dayz standalone suggested to be released?

They conclude it with the opinion that the standalone at the moment is not worth the price and as a gamer there is really no reason to switch to this empty sandbox thing it is at the moment.

I see it likewise ...

http://www.pcgames.de/Day-Z-PC-255532/Videos/DayZ-Erste-Eindruecke-zur-Standalone-Version-im-Video-1101991/

In one, maybe two years there will be better survival-horror-titles than Dayz.

I dont give up my bet that Dayz will beat Duke Nukem as vaporware ;-)

Just nine years to go ...

Edited by BoMo

I asked around about the idea of keeping mod server online for some more time. Most said it is not worth it, since the further the standalone progresses, the less they care about the mod. most people when from PVP and KOS fromt he mod to the standalone. So Im thinking of renting my own standalone server when that possible instead of taking over yours hayward. Epoch will stop in the end caring about the mod anyways :(. So just let it run as long you can, and then hopefully the standalone will support private server by that time and we can go on with the standalone. ofcourse its alpha and the days still got bug, but so does the mod. 

As soon as we can have private servers on standalone, Ill post it here, so we can all play on it. It will be same rules as on Haywards server and the community clan name will be NHP (Nomadic Hayward Project) and donation will be for server rent, and whats left over will go to hayward for his journey. He's a great man with a great ideal, sadly most people dont seem to notice. He let us play on HIS server, on which HE fixes the bugs the game-update causes, and its HIS effort alot of people abuse and complain about. People need to be more thankfull toward Hayward. He gives, people take, then complain >:( .

Hayward is my hero and I'll be following him, even when he is gone on his journey and my door will always be open for him. I hope lots of people will join me in supporting him.

It is possible to rent a SA server atm, but they ask like $1.60~$2.60  for a slot. with a minimum of 30~40 slots. which is a bit to much atm, but it will go down when dedicated servers are fixed. Also, some public servers are loot bugged because they are not updated. also loot doesnt respawn, only at restarts, as do zombies.

Support Hayward by following him on his blog and show your support!

@BoMo: I agree mate.  I refuse to ever pay for the Standalone, as I believe its nothing more than hype and many false promises.  The goal of the Standalone has and always has been to make Rocket a shit load of money out of gullible fanboys.  You know that I've been saying for nearly 2 years now that all he does is piss off on snowboarding and mountain climbing holidays, then has a nervous breakdown if people push him to hard on some real updates.  Now that he has every ones hard earned cash, I hope for his sake that he pulls his socks up and does some actual development work.  Or I see his product losing ground very very quickly and one of the other upcoming products taking over, yes there are many games not yet announced (or why else would he have released the game so urgently? I was highly suspicious as you all should be!!).

@Aeregon: Hey mate, that's a really kind thing to say and offer to do.  I can't thank you enough or express how humbled that makes me feel. I've added you on facebook btw, not sure if you got the invite.  I only mention here because for some reason many of my friends aren't getting messages I send them.  Must be the universe telling me its time to start closing the tech down already :P

Edited by urbanskaters

Over the next few days I'll be making some changes to the server, mostly for shits and giggles only.  There's really no point in me trying to keep it on track any more.  I'm starting by making the AI steal vehicles, locked or otherwise.  So make sure you take your vehicles to the edge of the map before you log off, but not past the border or it'll get deleted.  I'm also going make all vehicles fully re-armed at each restart.  The Skal and NE missions will start much sooner after each restart.  Vehicles are going to be much much cheaper and more of them, but be warned that the more you buy and use , the laggier the server will get, so if you've finished with hit and want to buy something new, blow the old one up ;)  ... I'll even add some tanks and fighter planes in ....

DO NOT make any further donations to the server unless you really like the new way its set up , once all past donations are spent I'm letting the server die.  Aregeon is settting up a Standalone server so please contact him for details on that.  As most of you know I'm planning a life changing journey in 2015, so this has to be my last dayz project and my last web techie project ... Thank you all for your continued support.  

Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

• Like 1

it was, is and will always be a good time with you around hayward. When you get in the netherlands, let me know through facebook or mail or something. I would like to meet the real person behind those ideas. 

• Like 1

UNIT487 IS BACK!!! Under new management of course, I'm just tagging along for the ride ;)

We have decided to bring back the old Unit 487 server, again on Epoch. The server is in a different name and billing address so if anything goes wrong, the server will live on until nobody plays on it any more, so in other words, we are back, back for good!

We look forward to seeing our old Regulars, and our new so come along and join the server.

The IP for the server is: 81.19.208.15:2330

One more thing, if you wish to donate towards the upkeep of the server, you can donate via the clan pay link below. Donation are in no way shape or form REQUIRED from anybody that plays on the server but all donations are greatly appreciated and will go directly towards the running costs of the server!

Thanks and we will see you in game.

We are on RaidCall: ID 8735494

Edited by urbanskaters
  • Like 1

We have vehicle tow, heli lift (with radar and paradrop feature), self bloodbag, AI missions and treasure hunts, safe zone trader zones, bell helis spawn in the wild and are also available from selected traders, stock is updated daily (vehicles may be in short demand if people buy too many and dont' sell them, but there's always plenty of other stock like food, drinks, ammo etc).

You can also send in your custom built bases and we'll upload them (can take up to 24hrs), all we ask is that you don't build in high loot areas or for the purpose of sniping etc, you can't include any items that will give you an advantage, like fuel tanks, ammo crates etc, and you can't add doors, safes, locks etc as they need to be added in-game or they won't work properly. So leave your doors etc to put on in-game. 

You spawn with a keymakers kit, so use it and remember to back up your vehicle keys.

We are adding Evac heli pads for bases in the next few days. Make a helipad at your base, assign a heli and you've got a heli lift whenever you need it. We are still deciding on how much this should cost to build.

See you in-game. 

Please keep in mind that i'm not the server owner this time round . I'm just helping out with the scripting and admin side of things . It won't be like before where I'm up 24/7 adding custom missions and map editions (offering up a daily surprise with every log in), this will be more gameplay for me and less coding. I won't be on  much either, but there'll always be an admin or moderator around either in-game or ready to respond on this thread.

Hopefully most of the old crew will come back, it would be awesome if all 30+ players joined, but I guess most of you have moved to other games or are already settled on other servers. I look forward to seeing you if you decide to pop in , even if its just a flying visit.

:)

Edited by urbanskaters

Players can now build a heli evac . So if you die and need a pick up , you've got your own personal helicopter taxi service. You'll need to buy a heli and have 2 suitcases of gold. Heli evac pads must be placed at your base only.  The cost of building them might change , so get yours now before the price hikes ;)

There are many uses for this. Imagine driving up to the traders to sell a vehicle then calling your heli for a pickup back home. Or your mate needs you to drive him to the coast, but the car is destroyed and you need to get back quickly. The uses are endless .. but most importantly, this just rocks :P

If you ever wanted to have your own Evac-Chopper you can place anywhere you want, that picks you up where and when you want.

This is the Mod you would like to have!

This Mod allows you to make a Evac-Chopper Field next to your Base or another place you like and use it with any Chopper on it as a Evac-Chopper.

If you start fresh all you need is a Chopper with a Key, which you should have in your Inventory, and for the Evac-Field marking a full Briefcase as payment.

This will make a Evac-Chopper field under your Chopper.

If this Chopper gets destroyed or stolen or just lost, no problem just place any other Chopper you like on it and it will act as your Evac-Chopper!

The "Call Evac-Chopper" action menu entry is just shown if you have a Evac-Chopper field, it checks on activation for:

• Chopper is on the field
  • Enough fuel
  • Damage status

The Evac-Chopper locks itself on start so no passenger can hop in.

It will stay locked when reaching the Evac-Zone until the player who called it gets close to the Evac-Chopper.

This way no thief could get it before the player is in it.

If the player dies, before or after the Evac-Chopper has reached the Evac-Zone, the Evac-Chopper will be reset toEvac-Field!

Edited by urbanskaters

New additions: (Speak to server owner: ConradtheNomad , with any issues you find or post them here).

- Locked Vehicles will not take damage (players exploiting this for cheats will be banned). Personally for me there's nothing worse than logging in to find that some douche has found your base and blown up your vehicles while you were offline. I'd still highly recommend buying a safe to store your valuables though, and bases are NOT indestructible, still :P

- ESP for Tagged Friends: You can now tag a player as friendly and see their location on your map, you will also get a nametag (ESP style) when playing in 3rd or 1st person.  This will make it easier to keep track of your comrades and avoid shooting the wrong person during a clan war for example.  

- EVAC Heli: See previous post. We will be increasing the cost of building these to 3 briefcases in the next few days.

TO BE ADDED:

- We will have web stats up and running by Monday. This will be a scoreboard with most zed kills, most bandit kills etc.. We won't be including anything else, so don't worry this isn't like the other stat sites that let people see what gear you've got etc.  

Edited by urbanskaters

Top 10 scoreboard just added. This will show the top 10 players in various areas from zed kills to bandit kills and headshots to distance travelled. Only shows the current life, so if you die you'll have to start at zero ;)

Update:

The Skalisty Island castle has been taken over by a group of bandits. They have acquired lots of loot, from weapons to building materials. There's even a chance to find upgrade documents and other rare items.  But be warned, the AI are tough, we cannot tell you how many or where exactly they are on the island.  All we can tell you is that your best point of access is from the West via boat or if you're really brave you can take the bridge.

You may also encounter bandit helis at NW and NE airfields.  

We are working on roaming AI. At the moment it's too OP for Epoch to have roaming AI as they have a habit of entering buildings, stealing gear and killing players who would otherwise be safe in their location.  

Hey guys , just so you know . The new IP is 81.19.208.15, port: 2330

We are giving away welcome packages with 1 safe, 1 lockbox and building materials. 

So join now before the offer ends :D

NEW:

Enabled indestructible bases (Godmode bases).

Animated heli/mv22 crash sites.

More treasure hunt events, including mass graves and Ikea loot.

IP is 81.19.208.15, port: 2330

Search DayZ Commander for "Unit487 Epoch"

We are trying to track down one of our old players called VERK . If anyone here has him on Steam or knows how to get in touch, please forward him our server details.  The team want him back :)

Cheers

Due to unforseen circumstances the IP address and ownership of the server have changed again.  For the time being, i'm back in charge and will continue to support the server with scripting and updates until Xmas time, when I'll transfer the account to some willing person , along with my promise to keep updating the scripts until at least Feb of next year (I'm only doing Epoch, so please don't ask for OverPoch or any other crap like that).

The new server is:  81.19.212.20:2340

Unfortunately I'm not getting into the friendly friendly bambi server stuff any more.  I'm playing on this server as a regular now, I've got admin rights but I'm not there to be giving out freebies or fixing every little glitch that dayz throws at you (I spent over an hour fixing a glitched Heli last night, so don't think because I'm admin it's one rule for me and another for you).  If you don't see me around much or I go radio silent a lot, that's just tough, I'm sorry.  If you want a bambi server where Admins are always happy to give you stuff (probably just so they can kill you for it again later), then there's loads of them on these forums so keep looking. 

On my server ONLY admins (that's me) have access to TP, ESP etc.. The mods can only do basic stuff, mainly just kicking and banning, they don't have esp, tp, remote view, or anything like that.  So mod/admin abuse should be non-existent.  Any mod that bans you or takes the piss just because you killed them, will be removed immediately . My promise. People on here can vouch for me when I say that if I'm participating in PVP, I NEVER use the admin tools and I tend to die a lot as i'm pretty rubbish, so there's your proof :P

Edit: The TS address in the previous post is Connors, he's a massive online gamer and likes to play lots of different games, not just DayZ.  So keep in mind that his TS is not connected to my server and if you join it you'll need his permission.  I would delete that post, but my old account wont let me log in :(

Edited by EpochNomad

Just a quick update. If you're struggling to connect due to the confusion caused by the GameSpy closure and DayZCommander not updating to the latest Steam patch, please consider using this tool instead:

http://dayz.launcher.eu/

Instructions here:

http://epochservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=259&sid=b76168d8b36006a62ecf2c9cb3bf73cb

Server: The new server is:  81.19.212.20:2340