Sign in to follow this  
Hesson

UTC/GMT tags on servers

Server Admins,

I you are going to put the time zone the server is running on, please make sure that it is at least close to being right.

Same goes for version tags.

The amount of servers that never get any traffic because no one knows what time it actually is on them is absurd.

Thank you

You can have the tag be completely right in regards to time on the server box itself

However, the longer and longer the server runs, the less and less that timezone will be, since low fps on the server = time flows slower than realtime.

So it's not really their fault, untill the server code is optimised.

From my understanding, in game time is derived directly from local time on the box when the instance is started.

So, unless these server instances aren't being restarted for days at a time, how can you account for the 10-12 hour time slip that some of these servers are experiencing?

Also, for the most part, these extremely low fps issues that you are attributing the slippage to are due to the servers not being regularly restarted to clear junk loot, bodies etc and the becoming bogged down from having to track far too many items.

So, wouldn't it still be their fault for not properly maintaining their server with regular resets?

From my understanding' date=' in game time is derived directly from local time on the box when the instance is started.

So, unless these server instances aren't being restarted for days at a time, how can you account for the 10-12 hour time slip that some of these servers are experiencing?

Also, for the most part, these extremely low fps issues that you are attributing the slippage to are due to the servers not being regularly restarted to clear junk loot, bodies etc and the becoming bogged down from having to track far too many items.

So, wouldn't it still be their fault for not properly maintaining their server with regular resets?

[/quote']

Lets see you do better.

From my understanding' date=' in game time is derived directly from local time on the box when the instance is started.

[/quote']

Lets see you do better.

I plan to try soon