Sign in to follow this  
Devin (DayZ)

[ 48 Hours Troubleshooting ] Going from Scratch

:dodgy:

First of all, i would like to thank this great community in its attempts to assist me in my problems with this modification. Although all attempts thus far have been unsuccessful, i need your assistance once more.

Okay. After three days of troubleshooting and a LOT of frustration due to not being able to play Day Z properly, i have given up.

:(

I have Deleted Arma 2, and Operation Arrowhead in program files, and then removed them from steam, and even uninstalled steam itself. Steam is re downloaded and installed.

As i speak my Arma 2 , And Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead are finishing downloading. I am wondering as a user in my position ( NOT having Combined ops, just both games on steam )

What are my Steps RIGHT after the downloads complete on steam?. If i need the Beta patch, please someone link me to the most recent version, i believe it was 1.6.9357 , or something like that. I honestly dont remember. But i was getting a lot of " Server rejected connection, bad version " problems, that i think were the cause of that.

And after said Beta Patch, should i install Day Z through the Six Launcher / Updater system?. And if so, What order do i use those in?. Using the Updater before looked rather complex. The Launcher was simple enough. Question being, With my Two individual games ( While still in steam ) Not being combined operations, will Six work for me?, or do i need a manual install?.

Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I fell in love with this mod the first time i played it, and desperately want to get back on.

Ok mate we're gonna get you up and running

you want to run both games first.

Next manually download the dayZ files here

Make sure you have 7 files.

Now goto your arma 2 co folders

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Create a folder called mods

now create a folder within this called @dayZ

inside this create a folder called "Addons"

Drag and drop the .rar files you downloaded into the addons folder and extract, again make sure that there are 7 .rars

Next you want to download the arma 2 beta here and extract/install

Next you want to download the spirited machine launcher here and install

Now if all went well you can launch the launcher. First you want to goto the "Launch options" tab. select the following

Run beta

No splash

default world empty

max out mem/cpu on the right

now make sure there is a location in each of the target lines in the lower section.

Arma 2 executable

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe

Arma 2 oa executable

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

Arma 2 oa beta executable

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

next go back to the "addons" tab

on the right side there will be a @dayZ and any of the dlc's you have drag them over to the group one on the right

then tick ALL the boxes on the right.

go to the bottom and insure that in the drop down above start game that

arma 2 CO is selected and finally launch game