Remix (DayZ)

[ANZ] Finally geared up, too scared to explore..

So, after several days of playing I've finally geared up with guns, ammo and medical supplies. The amount of times I've been shot for no apparent reason is fairly disheartening (I'm a nice person, I promise!) so I have literally no intention to shoot anyone at all.

However, I'm too scared to explore anywhere, so I've been sitting in a nice bush for an hour or so now. Statistically, I probably have a 0% chance of survival if I move due to those crazy loot-driven bandits.

Do any other survivors feel as isolated and scared as I do?

It happens a lot really, I was wandering around a town during the night and looking for medical supplies to heal myself when I took a bullet out of nowhere lost everything, it really does suck but it usually feels safer traveling with someone with similar ideals as yours just to have a buddy incase things go sour

I felt the same way the first few times I had decent gear, especially NVG.

But the great thing is you get a higher adrenaline rush when you are looting high risk areas with decent gear. You tend to move slower, watch every possible angle and shit yourself when you hear the slightest sound.

Get over your fear, and get into the action!

Your power words have resonated well with me shizweak. I shall proceed to break out of cradling myself, rocking back and forth, and power forward.

I shall find a like-minded survivor one day...

You know. If you are looking for some nice guy's to group with I and other's would like having you. We are a mature bunch it's always nice having another friendly face. Unless you would like to stay hidden in that bush of yours haha =)

You know. If you are looking for some nice guy's to group with I and other's would like having you. We are a mature bunch it's always nice having another friendly face. Unless you would like to stay hidden in that bush of yours haha =)

I'd love to mate, but unfortunately I'm Australian (I'd lag on the NA servers) so I'd be rubber-banding like the AI from a Need For Speed game.

Its true, the more good stuff you have,the more scared of loosing it you are hence the only moment of freedom you got is when you die&respawn.

Me and my buddy like to loot deerstands and also kill zombies around them. We hade okish gear (alice packs,survival tools,gps) and we were packing M4+aimpoint and he had FN FAL (with just 2 mags though).

So we were west of Krasno where the deer stand is.

We killed some military zombies,also had to kills some civilian ones.

Then we proceeded a bit south, that has proven to be big mistake, over that empty field towards woods.

Some more military zeds spawned,we killed em, started to looting them ...and bam bam,we were dead. Some douche killed us from treeline. I managed to toss grenade his way but must have missed him.

This was first time we both died, but we had like 4 encounters were lone players tried to kill us without any provocation from our side. Luckily in previous cases 1 of us was always able to kill the attacker (once the poor sucker bought M107 round to the checst from 50 meters lol), in 1 case just my buddy died (some psycho with M249 + 6 mags killed him)....but this time, we both ended dead.

TL;DR:Always travel in tree line, dont shoot zombies unless you have to or if they are in isolated place and always expect some douche start shooting you for no reason.

Yeah, I've had similar experiences Hombre - except I've never killed anyone :(.

Had a good time with some kids tonight on ANZ 2, I think I actually prefer the game at night time and with a group of people.

Really need to find some people for Aussie servers!

Ask yourself this: how much fun am I having sitting in a forest doing nothing?

I know the feeling... I've been really well geared up a bunch of times and suddenly had the urge to be overly cautious, but after losing some EXCELLENT gear a few times due to glitches (debug forest, standing next to a tree killing me, etc)... I realised that being a new spawn and on the hunt for ANYTHING half decent is some of the most fun you can have.

Just get down in to the towns and take the risk... and also don't be afraid to try some of the other servers. I'm an Aussie and I've played on the ANZ servers, NZ, US and even some European servers. I've actually had better connection to some of the US servers than the ANZ ones.

you may have to just take the risk. after awhile playing lone wolf and gearing up you'll be terrified to let anyone you come across make the first move. not saying your a bad person but you wont want to loose the gear and whether or not the other person you see - saw you or not or has good or bad intentions you will most likely shoot first. at-least that has been the case with me, more recently i have stashed my gear and gone out looking for people whom might like to roll with as i feel having a buddy or 2 may alleviate the whole trust know-one shoot everyone mentality I'm starting to get.

i myself am Aussie though i work shift work so days and nights for me which makes for interesting game experience.

all in all i sugest mabey finding a buddy or 2 to hang out with

Spawned in the debug wilderness, and have ran south-east.

Seriously, could my anxiety about dying get any worse?!

Remix i too have spent the last 3 days hiding out in the bush recovering from being shot at many, many times by an M107... and something else but couldnt work out the sig. I was chased for about half an hour before i lost them by running through a town (maybe the zeds aggro'd them when they shot?) I've been lonewolfing for a while now and have decent gear but really need people to travel with to help cure my paranoia.

I'm Aussie too, will be playing tonight. Send me a PM.

Just go for it, dood.

Really, you're not even remotely safe, even if you're unarmed. Just go, and don't think twice about it. Keep your wits abut you, and when they kill you, (Which they will, I promise) you'll start hardening up. Keep at it, and never deviate from the path of the survivor, dood. Don't give in to that urge to shoot that awfully nice person, who trusts you and has THE BEST gear. Stay golden. :I

Don't end up like me.

*Runs back to the Bandit Campfire*

I had tough times surviving with my gear....

I had made my way north of Benezino and decided to take a swim. After I come back I see that my gear is gone (backpack / main inventory, I still have tools) and I start to head back south to Benezino. I find a hatchet but a zombie breaks my legs.

After killing him I crawl from N. Benezino to the hospital. Afraid to break the glass I try to explore the roof. I climb up the back and fracture my arm (glitch). Bleeding heavily and already low on health I try to bandage my self up. After my guy finishes, he automatically moves backwards and I fall off the roof. I go unconscious and wake up with 600 health. I re-bandage with just over zero. Being dark outside, crippled, and vision black & white with blurs everywhere I give up and crawl to the front of the hospital and start breaking down the glass. Surprisingly I don't alert any zombies and I grab morphine. However, still at near zero health I begin to crawl quietly out of the city, passing out every five seconds.

I stop by a barn and grab firewood and I head out into the forest eastward. I crawl up to a sheep and chop it up. I make my self five steaks and head back in the next day for new supplies.

Crawling across Benezino took maybe twenty five minutes, crawling eastward to find animals in the dark took another twenty five.

Hey i'm looking for an aussie guy to play i don't have the best equipment, but i'm trying to be a survivor, at the moment i avoid anyone else like the plague, but i yearn for the company of other people, although i'm scared to bee with them as they may want to steal my stuff.

I play quite a bit at the moment, so send me a pm if you're interested in meeting up and we can add each other on steam, maybe if there's enough interest we can get a bit of a clan going :)

You should join the European DayZ Survivors steam group. Simply ask in the group chat if anybody wants to party. Nobody from the group will attack you, bandits get kicked.

I'd like to join you, I'm in NZ but I don't think that'll have a significant impact on my ping. Tired of dying from being solo :P

Teamed up with this guy (REmix)... arranged via skype to meet him in a barn, came into the barn with 1 agroed zed. Pistol out and downed it. Remix disconnects and connects to a different server "cos he heard shots". I join 2nd server (we are both in barn now), give him a spare aks-kobra with about 5 clips.. he takes it, disconnects because "he thought i was going to shoot him".

Thread should read : [ANZ] Finally geared up, scared and i'm a dirty disconnecting noob.

PS: if i see you again i will shoot you

EDIT: we did travel together for a while, so he's not a bandit looking for prey or anything. cant wait for the update that fixes the disconnect exploit

If I last long enough to need more than 2 cokes it's been a good run. I find more fun it beating zombies with hatchets though.