BradLTL

Survival - TWD Style

I imagine that most people playing this game are fans of shows / movies like The Walking Dead on AMC. One of the things that you see in TWD and other Zombie thriller shows is that the survivors band together to setup a camp or base.

DayZ does a great job of making you an individual in it's world.

Since it is a persistent sandbox, I wonder if we could get a group together to go the other way and see if the survivors couldn't build up a specific area as a base and dominate the map.

Here is what I propose:

1. (Removed)

2. The base would be setup at Docks at Berezino. This site was selected for the 3 hangers, the towers, and the mostly intact wall. It's big enough for a large number of players, and should be reasonably defensible.

3. Hanger 1 would be used for an Armory; Hanger 2 would be a Motor Depot; Hanger 3 would be a Cafeteria.

4. Members would be able to use anything in any of the hangers.

5. The goal would be to get as much as possible in one location. Guns / ammo; get some vehicles running; have plenty of food, water, and medical supplies.

6. I would envision that there would be 2 groups of people: Admin / Security; Scouts.

7. Admin and Security would be responsible for organizing the items, repairing vehicles, and guarding the base and supplies.

8. Scouts would go out in groups of 2. 1 would be carrying weapons and ammo, the other would be responsible for carrying the supplies back to the base.

Anyone interested?

So you want a private server to roam free and stockpile items for your group without any fear of getting killed, then once you have an army and supplies you'll open up the server once the odds are stacked in your favor?

Seems legit.

You can already do all of this on a server.

Just load in with a group of buddies and try not to get killed.

This idea doesn't make any sense tbh.

Interesting idea, and id love to be a part of it if you manage to organize something.

However your request for a private server goes completely against what you mentioned in your topic. SURVIVAL walking dead style. If you are to actually survive there must be risks.

So getting a big group of people to join together and try to gather suplies and store them in one defendable location is an awesome idea and could be a lot of fun. But it wouldnt be any fun if there was no risk involved. Of course there will be risks of other players so you have to make sure you have guards in the area the whole time. Imagine the shootouts over supplies!

The only reason I would want it private is to avoid PvP and trolling. You are correct it could be done on a public server, it would just require more people to accomplish.

The only reason I would want it private is to avoid PvP and trolling. You are correct it could be done on a public server' date=' it would just require more people to accomplish.

[/quote']

Avoiding pvp is kind of cheating in order to amass loot. Where is the survival? The zombies in this game aren't exactly that big of a deal.

Maybe cheating is too harsh a word and I've only seen a few episodes of twd but I'm willing to bet there is human v human killings at some point.

In zombie movies people are just as dangerous as the zombies, even more dangerous. The zombies are just motivation for conflict tbh.

Agreed, I was thinking about the practicality of actually accomplishing this on a public server rather than the spirit of the game.

I'll admit the idea in general seems like it would be fun, but what would prevent someone from grabbing a ton of sexy loot and dragging it to another server.

That being said it would be awesome if you could get a group and do this on a live server.

I guess the point of this thread was to see if enough people were interested and wanted to start a group to do so. It's probably harder than it sounds...

- We would need enough people to scout and scavenge; and protect

- Then there would need to be enough people to be on that server there 24 hours a day

That's a lot of people. Any volunteers?