Sign in to follow this  
evenatar

downloading arma 2/dayz instalation

Hi!

I have big problem :/ I bought Arma 2:OA, but i dont want spend money for arma 2. I decide download it from arma 2 page. There is option "Arma 2 Free". I heard DayZ will work on free version. I downloaded it and start install. Instalator want to connect with arma 2 page for free cdkey. then instalator dont answer for any actions. i cant put any code for myself, and page didnt want to load. its free.arma2.com/activision .

Did anyone had that problem before? Or i must buy oryginal version?

And im sorry, my english isnt very well :)

Thanks for help

Evenatar

you need arma2 and operation arrow head,if you dont have thouse then I dont think you can get it working with to much work,its best just to buy them both then use dayz commander

From what I've heard from friends trying to get in cheap, you need OA and can use the free version of Arma2. The biggest difference is you will be playing Dayz will the lowest possible graphics quality. If you have a low end PC, you might have been on that path anyway. If nothing else you can still play while only buying OA.

I don't know if this is relevant or possible any more but it definitely worked for a couple of my friends last winter:

http://kodabar.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html

Good luck:)

Arma 2 is Arma2:armed assault? its the only thing i find :) Is it the same? I wanted to be sure before i will buy it.

Yea... but i dont really want pay in pounds or euro...my bank will take some money for change currency etc... id reather buy sth in my country :) i will keep looking :)

Thanks for help

@edit

One more thing

Hogs write a link. There was sth that i can have arma2+OA or Arma combined operations. I know that globar operations have arma 2 and OA include in one installer, but can someone confirm if it will work?

Edited by evenatar