Sign in to follow this  
Lesnoy

Arma II interface in DayZ

Hello.
Some days ago I`ve start DayZ steam in original mode (not "Play with beta patch"). I`ve do this many times, but this time game open to me an Arma II interface with added menu by DayZ. You can see it in attached images. Then I go to DayZ with beta patch, and I have the same interface there too. What should I do? I`ve already reinstall Arma II, Arma II: OA, DayZ.

Vq0iPViQ-jw.jpg-KHaYnBYQac.jpgUT0ZD_24Wio.jpgJF0KrCyFC9Q.jpg

• Like 1

Make sure you use the Beta... Have you launched both A2 and OA before trying the DayZ Mod?

Also, I would learn the manual way to launch ArmA mods. Use ArmA 2 Launcher.

I'm new to Arma and DayZ and I have the same problem.

I only installed everything yesterday and spent all day tweaking the graphics settings and configurations to get the game to run smoothly.

Then I realized that my UI isn't the same as everyone else's. I've watched hours worth of videos about the game before I brought it and from what I'm guessing it's running the old Arma2 UI/Graphics instead of OA stuff.

I made sure I brought the complete full collection so I wouldn't run into this problem but it seems that never worked out lol.

I'll look into it tonight after I finish work (In the UK here) and I'll keep you updated on what I find!

Andy.

Still no luck with this, I don't know if anyone can confirm how the UI should actually look?

I see two different styles.

1 - The ear/eye icon for sight and sound has a grey background and darkens as you make more noise or sighted.

2 - The ear/eye is green and has the little lines /// appear to the side of the icons when you make noise or if your visibility changes.

Is the 2nd one the newest UI? I'm presuming it's that as the icons look more sleeker and refined.

Ok i havnt seen this before, if either one of you wouldnt mind me trouble shooting you via teamviewr so i can see whats going on that would be great, just contact me via PM if you have time. its probably something simple mind you.

Hello! I have the exactly same problem as described above. I used to play DayZ about a year ago. Took a break, Windows reinstall and drive format(about a month ago) and now I downloaded Arma 2 again from Gamersgate. Installed OA and DayZ mod from DZCommander, manually patched from 1.59 to 1.60 and 1.62 and I get the same issue. My interface is like drawn in crayons. How can I fix this? Thank you in advance.