Sign in to follow this  
tekror

Day/Night Time

Let me begin by saying... this mod made me buy Arma 2: Combined Operations and I absolutely love it.

Now down to business. When I want to play this game, it's always been at night time as I work full time. Unfortunately, this means I always have to play the mod in the dark as it's based on the realtime. Don't get me wrong, I love the dark aspect of the game. It creates an awesome atmosphere and I love it. But so far I have yet to even be able to experience the game during the day time. Perhaps if the game was on a 3 hour day/3 hour night cycle it would give a better chance for people to experience the different elements the game brings with the different times of the day.

Keep up the great work with the mod and rest assured I will keep playing regardless :)

The time scale cannot be changed easily, you should try to find a server that doesn't use RL time.

I generally play on a server that was set so when it's sundown IRL it's still a few hours before it's sun down in the game.

I also know some US servers have their time set so night happen mostly during the work hours, so normal peoples can get back from work in the evening and enjoy a morning/midday game time.

Yep, just pick a server in a time-zone that will give you daylight, if you are so inclined. Ping is largely irrelevant I've found; I play mostly on US servers to avoid all the Cyrilic chatter, ping of around 100 - 150, never noticed any ill effects.

I agree with the original poster, and would like the day/light cycles to not be 1:1 as they seem to be presently. On earth, in this quite real life we experience, duration of day versus night depends on the season, and seeing as it not at least winter when we are playing, there would be more daylight than not seeing how we're in this site in Europe and all. (Actual seasons would be pretty neat by the way).

If it's hard to mod how day and night cycles, fine, just think it could be a good idea, no matter how much we like that night time, bandit or not.

No, I like the current day/night cycle. It really draws the player in. I say definitely keep it Rocket! :P Great mod, loving it!

If you want to play in day time, either play during the day or just join another server. Think about it, if a real zombie apocalypse occurred you couldn't just dictate when it was light and when it was dark.

No' date=' I like the current day/night cycle. It really draws the player in. I say definitely keep it Rocket! :P Great mod, loving it!

If you want to play in day time, either play during the day or just join another server. Think about it, if a real zombie apocalypse occurred you couldn't just dictate when it was light and when it was dark.

[/quote']

That's true, but I can dictate whether I want to play a game where it is perpetually dark when I could play it.

I loved the hour or so I played during daylight hours, but I'm close to giving up due to the many, many hours of darkness I've tried to play through.

I don't think there is a need for a change. If you wish to chase the daylight, switch server time zones.

If there was to be a change in the day/night cycle I would rather 6/6 than the suggested 3/3.

If you wish to chase the daylight' date=' switch server time zones.[/quote']

When you live on the western edge of a continent with an ocean between you and the next westerly timezone with servers, you pay for your daylight in ping.

It's an option but not a good one.

I think that once there are more servers running we'll have more choice over whether we play at night or day. It's a monstrous PITA at the moment though.

I agree with the original poster' date=' and would like the day/light cycles to not be 1:1 as they seem to be presently. On earth, in this quite real life we experience, duration of day versus night depends on the season, and seeing as it not at least winter when we are playing, there would be more daylight than not seeing how we're in this site in Europe and all. (Actual seasons would be pretty neat by the way).

If it's hard to mod how day and night cycles, fine, just think it could be a good idea, no matter how much we like that night time, bandit or not.

[/quote']

The engine actually factor this, the sky is different based on the months of the year and it also simulate moon phase for each day.

What i mean is that some US servers actually shift their server time so it's more practical for players than local time.

The time SPEED can't be adjusted, but i believe the server can select which time zone it is following ingame.

If you wish to chase the daylight' date=' switch server time zones.[/quote']

When you live on the western edge of a continent with an ocean between you and the next westerly timezone with servers, you pay for your daylight in ping.

It's an option but not a good one.

I think that once there are more servers running we'll have more choice over whether we play at night or day. It's a monstrous PITA at the moment though.

I'm an Australian forced to play on US servers because any time I try to get on my local servers they are full of US players chasing daylight.

I rarely play below 300ms. Don't talk to me about ping.