Cpt Ghost

please help (CABuildingParts)

so i followed the video on youtube when i double click to launch arma OA it tells me addon dayz_code requires addon CABuildingparts can someone please help me

It means you need to start OA as Combined Operations usually. I get it when I start the game normally as Operation Arrowhead, but when I start it as Combined Operations, I don't get the error.

it doesnt give me the option i double click and everything and i also tryed going on arma 2 and switching to arma 2 OA if you know the problem plz call me ive been trying to fix this since 2:30 in the morning and i skipped school if u think u know the problem plz reply

im crazy desperate!!!!

Remove that number fast! You can get a lot of trouble with that. Now for the fix: go to your arma 2 folder, copy the addons folder and paste it into the OA folder. Then create the entire dayz folder in the oa folder. Then start up oa, go to expansions and enable arma2 and dayz. Have fun playing.

Go to my thread called new users check here. Its in the troubleshoot section. It has it all explained in steps and covers all game versions (steam, retail, etc)

i coulnt find it but anyways but i put arma 2 into arma 2 OA folder then put -mod=@DayZ -nosplash in the steam arma 2 properties and launch arma 2 OA then goto explansion turn arma 2 and dayz on then restart it right?

should i do that soeg or is that not right? plz answer

/facedesk no...... cant you read at all? Listen to my fucking words, DO NOT PUT ARMA2 in OA!

Inside the ARMA 2 folder you will find an addons folder, copy that and paste it into the OA folder. Then Just start up OA without altering the shortcut.

Then enable arma2 and dayz and retart.

You are done now and you should be able to play. Make sure that your dayz looks like this: @dayz/addons/Extracted addons. DONT FORGET TO USE FUCKING WINRAR TO EXTRACT THE MOD FILES

facedesk srry man dislexic appreciate the help thoe i think i got it its jusg that all the arma 2 files got lost in arma 2 OA so i deleted arma 2 and installing it again i and just making sure i dont do anything with steam launch properties right? :)

and also so i replace the files already in the arma 2 addon or do i just add dayz files in their and move it to arma 2 oa and i no i have to put it in @DayZ file

Okay man, remove both arma 2 and OA, and reinstall. Then copy the arma 2 addons folder and paste it into OA

Then create the dayz folder in the OA folder IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS: Arma2oafolder/@dayz/addons(not the arma 2 one)/mod files extracted using winrar

Then start arma OA and use the ingame expansions menu to enable arma 2 and dayz

omg i get wat ur saying im a motherfucking idiot im dorry okay so i did wat u told me to do put the addons folder from arma 2 into arma OA and then made a @DayZ file and made another addon where i put the extracted files kk im gonba try it out wish it works

its telling me corrupted data detected wtf u no why its doing that

Yes, reinstall arma OA too, you have files all over there. So reinstall OA abd then follow my instructions

it doesnt work what now and is the addons suppose to be in arma 2 and arma OA because i did it like that and without it being in arma 2 and still dnt wat do i do

I was initially getting (CABuildingParts) error upon launch, now I have another problem. I purchased combined operations from Gamersgate.com. I installed Arma 2 and OA in separate folders. This was done on my E: drive, as my SSD in my C: drive did not have the space.

E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

E:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead

I fixed the building parts error by copying the addons folder from my arma2 folder to the OA folder. I already have the @dayz>addons>mod files in the OA folder as well. Launched the game. I'm no longer getting the building parts error. I can see "Dayz" in the expansion list.

*Arma 2 is unchecked

*OA is checked

*Dayz is unchecked.

When I try to check the Dayz addon, it will not allow me to check the box to enable the mod, nor do I see the Dayz screen logo. Any suggestions?

lol heres what i did:

download arma 2 and armaOA

START the game (bolth of them so they install... when ur in the menu u can leave and mod it)

open the steam map / steamapps / common / arma OA , here u wanne make a map called @dayz... in that map u want another map called : Addons extract there...

now steam forgets a anti cheat program even when u attempt to install it right clicking OA... to fix that u go to the map arma 2 copy BAttlEye and paste it in OA/expansions (if its already there u dont have to do it, else u will because it will kick u of every server but shows you the background : creating character)

that done right click on OA click propperty's and startup options and write : -mod=@dayz

now to stop the CABuilding parts error basecly right click OA and there instead of play click launch arma 2 combined operations (wich will remove the CAbuildingparts)

hope this helps ^^ enjoy ur day

(explained as easy as i could.. but i'm autistic = being socialy disabled)