Sign in to follow this  
nezo

Zombie Hordes

I would like to see roaming hordes of zombies in DayZ and possibly Standalone. I could add another dynamic where instead of avoiding zombies by avoiding towns/cities/anything lootable you can run over a hill and stumble upon 10-20 zombies walking your direction. I feel it could promote teamwork and also making your base something you'll want to invest in to defend (base crafting would help here). What do you guys think? Would you like to see this? Why or why not?

Roaming zombies are already confirmed for standalone.

Much harder to do in the mod though due to performance issues.

• Like 4

Roaming zombies are already confirmed for standalone.

Much harder to do in the mod though due to performance issues.

Was it? my b, skimmed for it but didnt notice.

Yeah, think it was in one of the pax videos, Rocket said that players would be able to clear out town of zombies but there would be roaming zombies that could be attracted to the sound of gunfire and come investigating, he's hinted at it a few other times too.

• Like 1

Yeah, think it was in one of the pax videos, Rocket said that players would be able to clear out town of zombies but there would be roaming zombies that could be attracted to the sound of gunfire and come investigating, he's hinted at it a few other times too.

I'm just happy that I'll actually be able to clear out towns and not have zombies re spawn almost as soon as I kill all of them.

Do you know if zombies hear a gunshot do they start running to a player or do they walk toward source of noice and run when see player?

Hoards as in like "State of Decay" or "Left for Dead"? Or just zombies that happen to come together?