Sign in to follow this  
Lechai

Broken throw animation

Date/Time: 20/6/12 10pm (GMT+10)

What happened: Was prone and threw a empty tin can to distract a Z, (lost all my gear from another bug (already reported elsewhere) and died because of it.) my character went through the prone throwing animation, but the empty tin can did not get thrown. My character then stood up without me touching anything and went through the upright throwing animation, this sequence was uninterruptable. This time the empty tin can WAS thrown. The first occurrence i was lucky enough to not get mauled, the second time i was not so lucky, standing up when your throwing a can to distract a Z is kinda counter intuitive especially when you re-spawn without a weapon.

Not sure if this only happens for the empty tin can. Didn't get a chance to test anything else with a Z feasting on my corpse.

Where you were: electro - outside church entrance

What you were doing: throwing an empty tin can while prone

Current installed version: 1.7.1.4

Server(s) you were on: Seattle 46 i think

lechai

update, just tested with chemlights, same issue. Although this time i lived :)

updated to 1.7.1.5 and latest beta patch

Experienced the same. I've also tried to throw a can from a deer stand, seemed like I hurt myself, lost sound etc which gradually came back. Feels like the can was thrown from a point a couple of meters above my head, and I some how struck the roof of the deer stand.

Where you were: Trying to distract infected with empty can up in a deer stand just N of MSTA.

What you were doing: Throwing a can

*Current installed version: Arma 1.60 BETA 93965/DayZ 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: SE9 or SE10, not 100% sure, might have been DK1 or a UK server, I was bounced around quite a bit due to server restarts.

*Your system specs: N/A

*Timeline of events before/after error: Looted MSTA, headed N and spotted a deer stand just N of MSTA, looted it and to expedite my egress I wanted to try to lure away the infected w/ a empty can. It felt like I hurt myself, lost sound which gradually returned, infected were unaffected by the can, and I eventually got down from the deer stand and made my egress WNW.