Sup, My name is Reptile and I think many of you need to know how to fucking survive the Apocalypse.

I know this thread has been done before but I don't really care.

1. Get your shit and get out.

This one is pretty straight forward, you spawn at the coast and many of you will be tempted to stay there. DON'T, this is probably the second worst decision the first being trying to hug a zombie. Most likely while you are on the coast you will be Bitten/Shot/Mauled/Have your legs broken/Eaten Alive. There are three places you need to hit in whatever town you start in. The Firehouse(s), The Apartments, and the Hospital. For the firehouse go inside, if the doors are open someone has been or is inside. Same for if they are closed. When you get inside check the tower, if there is nothing in it move on. Second the Apartments, Just check them out. Third the Hospital, never break the front windows, just go around back, grab three bandages and two blood packs, and then add one morphine and one painkillers into your backpack. Once you have your gear, head north, put as much distance in between you and the coast as possible.

2. Woods are your friends.

You are a huge target. You're an even bigger target when you can be silhouetted against a field or against a building or fuck man even the skyline. Once you're out of your starting city Get into the woods, you can clearly see the road through the trees but you don't have to be seen as clearly as you would on the road, This will increase your survival chances by a fuckton.

3. TRUST NO ONE.

Here's one of my biggest points, most of you idiots would sooner trust some complete idiot and get shot in the back then shoot them before they can take you out for your beans when you outlive your usefulness. Trust no one unless you know them personally, Or have known them for a while and you are talking to them with your VOIP system.

4. Don't waste your ammo.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, if we both see each other and I don't shoot, don't fucking shoot back. If they are trying to leave, don't waste your ammo, Your fellow survivors are not the enemy, only waste your ammo on bandits and Zeds. Fuck some person who you see at the NW airfield being an idiot with a flashlight, be more stealthy and if you have to Shoot him either in the legs or in the face, either way don't waste more than one shot.

5.Don't get your hopes up.

When looting you don't think you're gonna find NVG and a M107 or whatever the fuck you're hoping for. You're most likely going to find a AK with no ammo. Optimism is good but fuck man. Lower your standards. This is coming from a guy who has found 19 downed helicopters (That's fucking right 19) and I have never once fucking find any drops from them. So keep your hopes up but fucking hell lower your standards.

That's all.

Hope you guys can survive better now

Also Quit complaining about the fucking Difficulty. It's a game about the Zombie apocalypse. You're lucky zeds don't spawn in non populated areas. Thanks for reminding me Reliel.

This is coming from a guy who has found 19 downed helicopters (That's fucking right 19) and I have never once fucking find any drops from them.

ha. you should change your ingame name to "Lucky".

so far, found only guns+bullets on crash sites.

Seems legit.

My basics for a new char are..

1. Hit Balota and get an akm or ak74 with ammo, some painkillers and extra bandages.

2. Hit Cherno hospital for bloodbags,morphine. Apartments across the road for bigger backpack , matches ,binocs, beans and drink.

gtfo and head away from the coast.

Takes about 20 minutes depending on zed attacks that you can lead into the hills anyway.

any coast town/willage is unnecessary risk in the beginning. i suggest bypass them completely and follow into the middle of chernarus. there is a lot of places where you can find equipment/weapons without exposing yourself to bandits. Balota, Electro, Cherno - places under 24h attention of PVP players who easily can pick underequipped/underarmed beginners.

Good advice.

IMO when you're new spawn you don't have much to lose, so take the risk and get as equipped as you can early. Once you have some decent gear gtfo and stay out, everything else you can find in safer low-pop areas (albeit more slowly).

You swear an awful lot. Here and there is okay, but excessive use of fucking this fucking that only makes you look like an angry person.

Are you an angry person?

More tips.

Do not fear the reaper and the HATCHET is your friend. Use it often early in the game. Zombies civilians may have food, drinks, bandages, or even ammo on them. It only takes one hit to drop a zombie so time it right and you will have a nice stash going in no time.

Don't run if only one zombie is coming at you. Hatchet that fool. One, two, or even three zombies can be dropped pretty easy with the hatchet and a little patience on the swing. You start with a bandage so don't sweat it.

can everyone please stop making this useless guides?

no one knows the situation you might be in, so this guides are a complete waste of time man XD

the only way you guys have to learn about this game is diving in and die a thousand times....

Don't be afraid to slow your butt dow, double tap the shift and crawl about a town...you'd be surprised how easily it can be sometimes to get past a buch of zeds...

Cheers for the heads up mate, nice guide to surviving your first time(s) in day Z