zilver

New melee weapons/attacks

Everybody saw the hatchet becoming a weapon,and the crowbar added to the game (i feel so half-life holding it :3)

But they take the main slot, though it is a good weapon if you got nothing better, it is highly uninviting if you got a better weapon for there.

Now i know that the pending hotfix is changing this so you can place them on your toolbar ( http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16925 in case you missed it)

But that isn't what i am suggestion (though it will help a lot)

What I am suggesting are new weapons, I mean things like being able to use the hunting knife as a more dagger like weapon.

Smaller knifes and so would also take the secundairy slot instead of the main slot which will make it more attractive to use to .

Or for example the back of your weapon to knock zomby's or players into a stun (and steal there loot)

1st knifes and so

Adding or at least making the hunting knife as a weapon, and maybe new knifes to use.

for example:

-Hunting knife: low damage but quick attacks.

-butcher knife: found in residential area's and kitchens overall, a little slower attack , like a chopping attack, but it deals more damage.

-some homemade weapons like a piece of glass with some bandages as a handle: same attack speed as a hunting knife but less damage.

-maybe use steel bolts to make some weapon or just to stab necks with the tip : instant kill when hit but chance to break the bolt when you attack with it and thus loosing ammo for the crossbow.

-maybe some other things like actual swords or katana's or so, just for kicks, they would have a longer range and do massive damage, but are slow.

And with all the weapons, it will drain stamina when used, so it will slowly make you tired (the bigger/heavier the weapon the faster) and thus your attacks will slow down to (and you won't be able to run at full speed when it fails)

2nd: Using the back of weapons to knock npc's and players down

example: use a lee to knock a player into the knock out state to loot them without actually killing them, good for groups of players where somebody wants there loot but doesn't want to loose humanity (or not to much), or go trough the trouble of loosing a lot of ammo to kill them and possibly die in the progress.

depending on the gun you may be able to actually break legs and knock them down longer , adding when they do wake up they are forced to crawl, thus unable to follow you, and if it is a player, it can be like bate for zombies (like placing a flare on the body to attract zomby's in the area to finish the job and thus not get a count on your murder counter)

A makarov will do less when hit to the head then a Lee or a AK I think.

and if you keep hitting them with such a blunt object, being able to break legs should be a thing to, if zombies can do it then we should be able to do that to :p.

Ofcourse this should work on zomby's to .

Switching guns is just a pain at times , switching to the knockdown modeis faster and it will give a quick escape.

Because bashing some zomby's skulls is faster then stopping putting your gun away taking your other gun , aim (or fire randomly out of fear) and hopefully kill it ,no?

And ontop of that, it is more silent, though i think it should have a little sound around it, so that it isn't fully godlike

The switching between firing a gun and hitting things with it would happen like switching firing modes .

Ofcourse I can understand that coding it might be tricky with the current things already in the mod, and because of the mod being epic already , it might just be nice , and especially hitting things with guns could be a lifesaver at times.(would also be applied on the flashlight as you are to defenseless when you start, it might make getting started a little more possible.

===========

*short version*

===========

-New melee weapons.

***take secondairy slot.

***quick to attack.

***easier to find then guns, but less powerful and more personal

***silent

-melee option on guns.

***knock out players and loot them without killing them.

***quick escape when you are out of ammo.

***breaking legs and arms if you really want to.

***having a fighting chance with only a flashlight (though it is a small one)

***silent and faster then switching*

***fighting chance when out of ammo

Sorry for the long post but I think plowing trough a horde of z's with a katana would just look epic (and foolish).

again, everything here are just suggestions are I don't mind if they aren't (or only partly) realized.

Thank you for reading :)