Sign in to follow this  
mattk3650

[Not an appeal] Got globally banned, how do I go about buying a new copy and playing again?

Long story short I got globally banned after my CD key got stolen.  You guys can all accuse me of being a hacker, but if I was a hacker, it clearly didn't play out well so why would I spend money on a new copy just to get banned again?

I want to play DayZ again and figured I'd buy a new copy of Combined Operations.  Since Arma II is still in my steam library I can't buy from steam again as far as I know.  I figured I'd buy from Amazon instead, but want to run it by the DayZ forums first.  If I download a new copy of the game from Amazon will I be able to play again or still be banned for some reason?

And what about key changers?  I don't know the DayZ forum's opinion on those.  Are they frowned upon, do they work, and what is the process of using them to get unbanned?

You should be able to play with your new CD key, you may have to do some weird stuffs to get it to over write your old banned one.

• Like 1

OK first off you are going to need to delete what ever stole your CD key.  Make sure it is completely gone because otherwise you risk your new key being stolen.

1. Delete all arma 2 files and DayZ files

2. You need to make a new steam account a purchase a new copy of Arma 2 Combined Operations

3. Run steam as administrator by right clicking on your steam icon and choosing to run as administrator.  Make sure you log onto your new steam account.

4. Re install Arma 2 and then run it.  This will change your Regedit and you will now be able to play Arma 2 again.

5.  Re install DayZ and you're good to go.

Your name reflects your sincerity.

Enjoy your ban.

Like I said, even if I did hack the game, why would I go through the process of buying a new copy/key and just get it banned again?  Sorry for wanting to enjoy this game and sorry if you think I'm a bad person.

OK first off you are going to need to delete what ever stole your CD key.  Make sure it is completely gone because otherwise you risk your new key being stolen.

1. Delete all arma 2 files and DayZ files

2. You need to make a new steam account a purchase a new copy of Arma 2 Combined Operations

3. Run steam as administrator by right clicking on your steam icon and choosing to run as administrator.  Make sure you log onto your new steam account.

4. Re install Arma 2 and then run it.  This will change your Regedit and you will now be able to play Arma 2 again.

5.  Re install DayZ and you're good to go.

So I'm guessing I would have to launch the game from the alternate account every time too.

You need to purchase a new copy of Operation Arrowhead and replace your old key in Steam.

Locked before the flame war.

• Like 2