Genki Dama

DayZ 1.7.1.5 review and thoughts

So as usual I have done my review and thoughts video of the latest version of DayZ. Remember to subscribe, as it really gives me the motivation to keep doing these kinds of videos. In the past 4 days I have went from 8 subs, to 21. Thank you all from this forum who have gave me your support :angel:

1.7.1.5 Review:

[The video may be processing, so I would recommend checking back, if you can't watch straight away]

.5 still isn't doing it for me at all. The game's still too much of a chore now. I DO love the bullet axe though so it's got that going for it. lol

+added 20fps

+zombies are btwn 1.7.0 and 1.7.1 in difficulty not too easy

+removing tents of duped items

+no side/global spam[chat] \o/

-servers are full constantly cause not all the server have updated

-still can't slow prone(they have a diff now) w/ pistol

1.7.1.5, ty Rocket

I'll also add that the game/servers seem to start up very quickly now which is nice. Still don't like the lack of starting gear though. You get a broken bone and it's game over now.

.5 still isn't doing it for me at all. The game's still too much of a chore now. I DO love the bullet axe though so it's got that going for it. lol

I have to say this patch made it playable but I dunno..isn't doing it for me either.

Series, please contact me on your request for filming our brigade. Seen your stuff and deemed worthy hehe.

I have to say this patch made it playable but I dunno..isn't doing it for me either.

If they would have just given us 1.7 but with the game running better like it is in .5, it would be perfect.

The zombies have been toned down a bit - which is helpful for getting off the beach.

Flashlights in belt / side weapon I think works well.

Also the night was JUST bright enough for a rummage around a city. (not sure if this was lucky, server specific or changed as part of hotfix)

The main thing I have noticed is an increase in friendly behaviour. With no starting pistols, people seem less likely to shoot on sight. Tonight was the first night in ages that I have actually chatted to people in Cherno rather than shooting each other. (Well, them shooting, me panicking and throwing a flare in their direction). I think that these small encounters will stick in players minds and in some cases make for better chances of random teaming.

Only negative I found was that I am still experiencing freezes / low fps

Keep up the good work Rocket and team.

Hatchet equiping fixed. (I removed it from toolbelt and appeared in the primary weapon slot even though I had a shotgun equipped? Not sure what happened there. Didn't repeat this issue; am unlikely to use as a weapon).

Zs easily aggrod fixed. Been around a town with lots of Zs. Back to 1.7.0. Some may say its too easy. Looks ok to me.

Shotgun "pack of 8" carts now easily spiltable to 4x2 (could I do this before? didn't think I could.)

Will run the game in the morning and check if food/water have not depleted (in theory this "bug" has been fixed so there's no degradation while a player is offline- personally think this is a retrograde step.)

Good hotfix!

My FPS are finally back, that was all I was asking but there's so much more.

With 1.7.1.5, the mod's closing in to perfection IMO, it looks much much harder, close to impossible sometimes but that's because we're used to pay way too much attention to our visibility/audio meters. And we're used to this because Zeds used to be able to see and ghost through walls, and because when they were chasing you, nothing could stop them until you killed them.

Now they can't see through walls, and even when they chase you, you can loose them.

I got surprised by a zed half an hour ago in a zone full of his pals, all I had to do was crouch running around a house hoping the others won't see me, and then take a dive and continue circle the house crawling when we had the whole house between each other.

IMO the really hard thing is to get rid of our old reflexes to just watch our icons, especially since the game isn't supposed to be about that, there's a reason they made the icons so subtle.

Big thanks to Rocket and his crew.

Well I've figured the stealth system so far works as

1-level of sound crouch running/walking in high grass

any-level of sight as long as you stay out of a zombies 60 degree FOV (Field of view) that is dictated by his body direction.

I've found that as long as you pay attention to which direction zombies are looking in you should have a chance to get past them, makes distractions more viable! Prone is now viable but you can no long go right up next to a zombie, but very needed to cross roads.

Good job on the stealth system I say, More challenging than before and slight slower pace going through towns which is a needed improvement to help with people being more hesitant to shoot at each other. A lot more people or working with me rather then shooting me on sight. Only got sniped at by someone I never saw today.

Also loving the food/water being overall rarer and ammo seems more scattered. Might start making water sources more popular and food is now gold.

Amazing work so far Rocket, I can never wait to see what you have in store.

so tents get wiped every patch or just this one? Balls!

Just this one although I suppose it could happen again. They posted a warning about it yesterday and told everyone to collect their gear and pack their tents. Sorry you missed that memo. :)

Thanks for not cussing Rocket out about it too.

So as usual I have done my review and thoughts video of the latest version of DayZ. Remember to subscribe' date=' as it really gives me the motivation to keep doing these kinds of videos. In the past 4 days I have went from 8 subs, to 21. Thank you all from this forum who have gave me your support :angel:

1.7.1.5 Review:

[The video may be processing, so I would recommend checking back, if you can't watch straight away']

My God, I see you have episodes of Day Z in your channels.

I have so many of them to watch from so many people and I can't seem to find the time. (Too much actually playing)

About the zeds aggro range, i was kinda used to the super aggro radius of the latest patch, was getting used to moving in prone and avoiding to get too close.

I don't think they needed to be nerfed, maybe their weird spawn rate.

Yesterday one of the crouched zombies was 200 metres away from me, in a bush where only the top of his head was visible. I was crouch running and he instantly locked onto me. It felt as wrong as AI programming in FPS that just lets enemies shoot through walls.

The main thing I would love to see before zombie difficulty is ramped up at all is a resolution to the bizzarre warping(both zipping around you and clipping through buildings) behaviour zombies have once they close in on you. Granted it doesn't always happen but when it does it can make killing them next to impossible, especially with only a limited amount of ammo to hand.

I would be all for things like zombies hitting you whilst you are running, provided the unintentional erratic behaviour they display is sorted. I am surprised this isn't brought up more as I feel it is the main stumbling block before doing some truly interesting things with our not quite dead counterparts.

Overall really like this patch, spawn rates on items seem back to normal and I am no longer atracting attention from zombies I either cannot see at all or can barely see due to terrain.

This is gonna sound like a moan , dont flame me for it or thnik im a retard,its just got me down and thinking yeah well F&^K this shit.

I know ita alpha bla bla bla , etc etc , anyway here goes.

Spent well over a week stocking up a truck which i was lucky enough to find, moved it to an unbelivable safe location.Stocked up my stash this afternoon with some new toys and supplies and logged off.

Patched after much debate 1.7.1.5 mainly because my server updated at last !. Logged back in tonight and BINGO the whole lot has gone . . . . . . .

Now i know what your thinking " Hard luck pal it happens , its ALPHA move on . . . OR maybe your thinking HEY if theres a possability of it being found then it was found ! well BS shit to both of them .

I dont hink you would have found it if you coverd the 256km of chernarus with a fine tooth coomb.

Well thats it im out i know i want be missed.What with the new Z AI system and changes brought in on 1.7.1 and the way the game is unbelivably hard , as some guy put it MEH F*&K IT !

The game was challanging enough risk verus reward was balanced this is BS il go back to playing PAC -MAN and FROGGER .

Thx been a fun few weeks till the updates and BS wipe events.

I'm finding 1.7.1.5 to be pretty stable. The Zombies are more then managable now. You can stealth by them just find now and when you enter buildings they don't go nuts like before. I haven't been aggroing them almost at all now. The loot is spawning right and the few items that can be put in Toolbelt is saving a ton of space.

I think the way it is now is perfect in my honest opinion. But I'm ok if they decide to make more changes (revert or further experimentation). I'd prefer it stayed this way though.. just enough challenge that you don't have to worry about running into people everywhere due to the caution involved with getting around now. I think there's more reason to team up now too. Helping each other to get armed and keep stats up (hunger, thirst, etc). Maybe once armed they might turn on each other.. but possible they can gain trust before that point.

This is gonna sound like a moan ' date=' dont flame me for it or thnik im a retard,its just got me down and thinking yeah well F&^K this shit.

I know ita alpha bla bla bla , etc etc , anyway here goes.

Spent well over a week stocking up a truck which i was lucky enough to find, moved it to an unbelivable safe location.Stocked up my stash this afternoon with some new toys and supplies and logged off.

Patched after much debate 1.7.1.5 mainly because my server updated at last !. Logged back in tonight and BINGO the whole lot has gone . . . . . . .

Now i know what your thinking " Hard luck pal it happens , its ALPHA move on . . . OR maybe your thinking HEY if theres a possability of it being found then it was found ! well BS shit to both of them .

I dont hink you would have found it if you coverd the 256km of chernarus with a fine tooth coomb.

Well thats it im out i know i want be missed.What with the new Z AI system and changes brought in on 1.7.1 and the way the game is unbelivably hard , as some guy put it MEH F*&K IT !

The game was challanging enough risk verus reward was balanced this is BS il go back to playing PAC -MAN and FROGGER .

Thx been a fun few weeks till the updates and BS wipe events.

[/quote']

Just a quick question.. you did remember to save before you left right? Oddly.. the tractor I parked didn't vanish after the server it was on was updated to 1.7.1.5 today. It still had my stuff too. That sucks bro... I found two ATV's as well.. I didn't even touch them or save them but when I went to repair some of them today.. they were still there too.

I havent gotten to play it YET, but I'm sure there will be MUCH more tinkering and balancing... afterall... its still in Alpha, we still have Beta testing to do!

I'm rather happy with this patch, the shit storm 1.7.1.2 stirred up is mostly fixed. My biggest issue is that crouch running is still a bit too loud. I think getting through cities should be a little less time consuming.

I'm rather happy with this patch' date=' the shit storm 1.7.1.2 stirred up is mostly fixed. My biggest issue is that crouch running is still a bit too loud. I think getting through cities should be a little less time consuming.

[/quote']

I don't understand this, as before 1.7.0 I had to crawl literally everywhere to avoid Zombie Aggro, and now, its much the same, but a little harder with increased aggro distances and FOV.

Stealthing is still required, just now Zombies hurt more.

Just me probably, but not liking the patch all that much. cant find the loot, zeds walking through doors, and to much work just trying to go undetected. So I'm going to come back when game turns beta. It just seems broken to me. Have fun :dodgy: