Sign in to follow this  
beruis

Starting New

I'm downloading Arma2, OA, and DayZ now. I'm new so I don't know much but I would like to find some people I can play with. I'll also be dusting off Fraps to Youtube some epic moments.

Other than that any tips for when I spawn in?

I'm also very new to the game.

I've found if you want to kill other players, go straight to Elektro. It seems no matter how many times you shout friendly down the mic, you'll be shot.

If you want to play more of a survivor role like myself, maybe hit Elektro via the outskirts, loot a few houses and quickly make your way out.Then find a road and follow it, but keep concealed in the tree line or any cover you can find. You'll soon come across a small town or village. Again stay on the outskirts and loot as much as possible, NOTE: Keep your distance and scope out the area you're about to loot, if you see any agro zombies it tends to mean there's another player. I can't stress enough how just taking your time to watch an area can save your life.

Once you gain more experience you'll know off by heart where all the cities are and how to get there, all the high traffic areas and general locations to find decent loot/weapons. Airfields, helicopter crash sights, dear stands and barns tend to have decent equipment.

I've found staying away from other players keeps you alive, everyone seems to have a shoot on sight mentality. Many times I've traveled for ages, found plenty of useful items. Then get killed by a random player for no reason. Deeming all those hours spent traveling... A waste of time. 

I'm yet to master the map or my gun skills, but I've found plenty of good gear which gives me a huge advantage when in sticky situations.

My main tips: Stay away from other players, Don't engage unless it's your only option (let them go their own separate way and carry on your journey), take your time scoping areas and keep stocked up on food, drinks and medicine. Follow those tips and you'll survive.

Good advice. Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me out with this.

I'm downloading Arma2, OA, and DayZ now. I'm new so I don't know much but I would like to find some people I can play with. I'll also be dusting off Fraps to Youtube some epic moments.

Other than that any tips for when I spawn in?

I suggest trying out my server :D

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/144974-wolf-pack-dayzchernarus-hardcore-server-active-admins-many-custom-scripts-kill-messages-added-weapons-debug/

IP: 198.27.83.217:2372

Teamspeak: ts52.gameservers.com:9314

It's run on a vilayer host so it has really low lag & good FPS. Perfect for recording videos and youtube, tons of features and active admins. Try it out!

I admin a DayZ Epoch server, we may not be able to "team up" as such. But I would be happy to talk with you!

Just jump on the Teamspeak for the IP!

Teamspeak IP: downundergames.enjinvoice.com

Thanks

-Blue Pants

I am a head admin in a new server, hosted in the UK. Since it is a new server there is no lag and the admin team will be able to respond to you quickly :)
We are always looking to encourage people to play DayZ and enjoy it like we do, I know how it feels to have just started and to play alone without a clue, safe to say I thought I wasted my money but now, possibly the best money ive spent recently :)

Hope to talk to you on the server, If you need any help on here feel free to private message me :) 

Details:

[RBR] Run Bambi Run! (500+ Vehicles - Self Bloodbag - AI Infantry & Choppers - Missions - Towing & Heli Lift - Dynamic Weather - Active Admins - SafeZone Traders - Base Building - Custom Buildings - Animated Heli Crashes) (1.0.2.4/103718)

IP Address : 31.3.225.43:3502