Sign in to follow this  
Gunny17

Brand new player

So I have been on a couple of servers, and each one has me spawning with nothing and i barely found a hatchet in a town. What servers play the game as it was made, I.e. you start with a pistol and some ammo, and you can reasonably expect to find something in a town? Any suggestions?

I played DayZ+ over DayZ and you start with a bandaid, a pistol with two clips, a hatchet, a knife, matches, and you can build your own barricade to survive and stuff. However It's rather extremely empty. You can refer to this thread of mine. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/147142-not-enough-users-on-dayz-whats-similar-in-hardness-but-more-peepz/

it's a long time you don't spawn with a makarov..more than a year..it's not so bad finding one..and where's the fun if you have already everything to survive forever?

What servers play the game as it was made, 

IIRC starting with nothing IS how the game was made

Okay, I wasn't aware. I want to play a normal server, any suggestions?

There are hundreds if not thousands of servers with pistol+ gear load outs. I f you hover over the servers in DayZ Commander you will often get an idea of what sort of load out the server provides. Look for "custom load out" and almost all servers that say "max vehicles" "extra buildings" "24 hour day" will have some sort of beyond vanilla load out.

Okay, I wasn't aware. I want to play a normal server, any suggestions?

I suggest trying out my server :D

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/144974-wolf-pack-dayzchernarus-hardcore-server-active-admins-many-custom-scripts-kill-messages-added-weapons-debug/

IP: 198.27.83.217:2372

Teamspeak: ts52.gameservers.com:9314

It's run on a vilayer host so it has really low lag & good FPS. We have lots of adding buildings, so loot is pretty abundent. Tons of features and active admins. Try it out!