LilBambi

FPS boosts?

Hello.

I asked this in a discussion thread but got no response, so I'll just ask it here. Are there going to be FPS boosts in the Standalone and by how much?

For example, I get 10-30 FPS on DayZ depending on whether it's day, night, or I'm in a city. What could I expect from the Standalone?

As far as discussion questions...

• What is the minimum FPS you have ever played DayZ on?
  • What is the maximum FPS you have ever played DayZ on?
  • What FPS count do you consider "playable"?
  • What FPS count do you realistically hope to expect from the Standalone?

Since its going to be its own game and not a laggy mission file, the SA will have a significant FPS boost. I get like 20-30 FPS on DayZ, but ArmA 2 domination I get like 30-40. It all depends on how well optimized a mission file is.

• What is the minimum FPS you have ever played DayZ on? 30 FPS.
  • What is the maximum FPS you have ever played DayZ on? I can run at 150-200 FPS on very low in 1920x1080. xD
  • What FPS count do you consider "playable"? 30+ FPS.
  • What FPS count do you realistically hope to expect from the Standalone? 30-60 FPS on pretty much max settings.

Since its going to be its own game and not a laggy mission file, the SA will have a significant FPS boost. I get like 20-30 FPS on DayZ, but ArmA 2 domination I get like 30-40. It all depends on how well optimized a mission file is.

Graphically the standalone is on a completely different level though. Really, I wouldn't expect any miracles.

• Like 1

i get between 10 and 20 fps :(

side note: anyone know any good ways to boost fps? i would google such a thing but i hear it leads to scam programs that steal your cd key.
was thinking of using razer game booster 

DayZ is a really strange beast.

When I first bought it used to crash every 20-30 minutes like it had an internal timer telling it to crash. Then playing with options (for a couple of days) I found out that with disabled shadows it doesn't crash at all. Also, on some servers I get 60 FPS (vsync on), on others 30-40 and a lot of stuttering. And in cities it gets worse.

As you can see there is no average min and max since it's really server dependent with massive difference across servers. I can join one server and consider it unplayable, I can join another one and play with average 50 FPS. Mind you, I'm playing on an older system (core 2 duo e8500 @ 3.16 with a 2gb 6950 sapphire reference gpu with unlocked shaders) and I'm still getting 60 FPS on some servers on high settings (but all extras disabled, AA, AF, HDR, shadows, postprocessing).

Making assumptions about tha SA has no point. The only thing I'm pretty sure about it, is that it'll be more consistent when it comes to system requirements. Or at least I hope it'll be.

Edited by h3l1x

if you get between 10-20 fps you need to upgrade and not hope for pc miracles

• Like 4

DayZ is a really strange beast.

When I first bought it used to crash every 20-30 minutes like it had an internal timer telling it to crash. Then playing with options (for a couple of days) I found out that with disabled shadows it doesn't crash at all. Also, on some servers I get 60 FPS (vsync on), on others 30-40 and a lot of stuttering. And in cities it gets worse.

As you can see there is no average min and max since it's really server dependent with massive difference across servers. I can join one server and consider it unplayable, I can join another one and play with average 50 FPS. Mind you, I'm playing on an older system (core 2 duo e8500 @ 3.16 with a 2gb 6950 sapphire reference gpu with unlocked shaders) and I'm still getting 60 FPS on some servers on high settings (but all extras disabled, AA, AF, HDR, shadows, postprocessing).

Making assumptions about tha SA has no point. The only thing I'm pretty sure about it, is that it'll be more consistent when it comes to system requirements. Or at least I hope it'll be.

Yeah I hope they give out the min./rec. system requirements prior to release so I can know what computer I need to buy in the future.

Edited by LilBambi