Sign in to follow this  
Revant

New player Questions

I got a friend to get Arma 2 and we started together for the first time on Day Z last night and man I have some questions.

1. Who designed Arma 2's Control scheme?? It took us about 20 minutes just to figure out how to move/crouch/prone stand up. Is there some kind of guide to make your controls usable by someone with 5 fingers?

2. How do server decide night/day? Every server we joined seemed to be night time, we couldn't see anything and it seems all the flashlight is for is giving people epilepsy while running.

3. How are we supposed to get guns? I'd say we both died about 25 times 40 feet from were we spawned (usually less) by 2-5 zombies that just ran to were we spawned at and ate us. Are we supposed to just suicide until we don't see any zombies around? We eventually did this but then it seemed like no matter how slowly we crawled up to a town every zombie would see us a million miles away (even if we tried it in pitch black w/no light). It would be different if we could actually fight back, but it was just like oh zombies saw us /abort /leave /rejoin. Walk 10 feet here comes zombies /abort/leave/rejoin.

4. Is there some way to spawn close to your friends? I mean even just in the beginning? Then at least we could have laughed at each other while we got eaten alive while complete defenselessly.

1) play arma 2 tutorials abit

2) alot of the servers time sync is fucked, its pissing me off too

3) there very easy to find it you know where to find them, try finding barns and farmland buildings, houses normally dont have them in from my experience.

4) maybe keep respawning till your near, use a online map to find out where you are ( look at your surroundings ect)

3. I understand they are in building and stuff but it seems like every building has zombies and with no gun zombies = dead? I mean i could run 1km to next building but then it has zombies too. How do you get in the barn with out getting eaten??

1 - Arma II is based off a realstical design, call it a simulator.

Get your head away from any other FPS, because they are not similiar.

This is a survival game, slow-paced. (Starting).

Get used to it.

2 - It's based on server time. Day = Day, Night = Night.

3 - Find them in towns, super markets, random houses, military weapons at airfields, and hunter stands.

You need to prone a lot.

4 - No, you can keep killing yourselves till you find somewhere close by.

www.dayzmap.info I would recommend using.

point 4, I'd say a good option would be spawning as a group with friends but you lose everything every time you do it. Players with good gear will make the effort to meet friends while players with just a winny can just go ah nothing to lose really