Sign in to follow this  
Parkwaydrive

new player

hey guys. i have just built my first ever gaming rig and all my mates said the first game i need to get is dayz ... well it is currently downloading but i dont have a clue what to do once its up. i have been a casual console gamer for years so this is all new to me and im a pc noob lol. once i find a server to join do i stick with that one and all my items i loot ect will be on that same server ect? i really dont know what to expect. hope to maybe see some of you in the field once im up and running :D 

Since you havent mentioned it have you bought arma 2: co?

Edit: what are your pc specs too?

Edited by Skypill

Loot will only stay on the server you are on these days...long story :)

Run both Arma2 and Arma2: Combined Operations once to complete installation.

Download the latest version of DayZCommander from HERE

Run DayZCommander and click the "versions" button from the top menu.

Click "Install latest revision" under Arma2 OA. Wait for the download and install to complete.

Click "Install latest version" under DayZ. Wait for the download and install to complete.

Press "Done" to close the versions panel.

Now the next step is important...look for a Vanilla (standard) server to get your first experience of DayZ. There will be a lot of running and you will get lost, but starting with weapons and a map will really defeat the purpose of the whole feel of that magical gaming moment we all got when we first started with the mod. You will miss cool moments like feeling vulnerable, finding your first weapon by yourself, getting chased when you cannot defend yourself, and dying when you have accquired some loot that may have taken you hours.

Welcome to PC gaming..and Parkway Drive..ooOoooOOOOOOOH FUK YEEAAAAAHHHHHH!! 

Also recommend going into OA and trying out a few of the basic tutorials so you can get up to speed with the basic controls. go into your vid settings (esc in game/ advanced) and disable post process effects and make sure the Interface and 3D resolution are the same as your monitor. Set everything on high and then slowly work it down until you get good frame rates..or do opposite, set all low and nudge them up until the fps starts dropping :)

Don't open dunny doors.

Get morphine.

Edited by Hetstaine

heya thanks for the quick replys here is my pc spec 

corsair tx750m
corsair vengeance pro 8gb
gigabyte z87x ATX mobo
corsair H80i
samsung 250gb SSD
seagate barracuda 1tb
intel i5
and a gtx 780 
pretty happy with it as a first build

i have already downloaded arma 2 and oa through steam i then downloaded the dayz mod.... when i click to play the game it keeps cumming up with a error...."bad serial number given in setuo"... any ideas... i am a propper gaming noob mind so easy with the jargon lmao.

and parkway = f000000000k yeaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! :D :D 

all working now thankyou i will be having a play of this later on :D no work tonight as i have a bad back :(

I would recommend this server for you, I play on it for some time now. I especially like that there are save bases. That are bases from which no one can steal you something.

The people are nice and helpfully, not all but most of them! The only thing u have to do is download DayzOverwatch via. DayzCommander.The DayzOverwatch Mod brings some new Skins,Vehicles,Weapons and Helicopters into the Game, its AWESOME :-)

Btw sry for my bad english^^ i gave my best.