Tikka (DayZ)

why do people have difficulties starting w/o weapons

since some people saying they have difficulties starting without a weapon i tried it myself. wasn't that hard, sneaked into balota airfield, got akm, left the place and had a nice life...

so i wondered if they are maybe just not stealthy enough, so i tried straight running... i ran through whole cherno, headed toward balota airfield without being hit a single time. there i got into the tower, grabbed a m1014 and killed the zombies that made it up to my position.

my person opinion is, that the second way is the most easiest because it seems zombies can't hit you, though they are faster than you are..

i'd suggest to make it more effective to stealth, than running with a horde of zombies till you find a weapon and blow them away...

1: It is unrealistic for a "survivor" to not have a weapon

2: New players have no idea where they are or where to get weapons.

how is it "unrealistic"?????!!!??

Why do people makes posts trying to show how cool and awesome they are at the game?

If you're referring to me, you're gravely mistaken. I never said I was good at the game, but rather of how easy it was to get used to not having a weapon.

To become good at something, you need practice. Im a terrible shooter at this game because Ive barely had to shoot. When I need to, I kill zombies indoor with headshots because they move slow.

Im great at sneaking because Ive done it a lot since day 1. In the start I was not very good so I got the atention of a lot of zombies. Yet, I survived because I had a weapon. That meant I could continue playing, sneaking and learning how to survive properly.

When you dont have a gun, the first time you get a zombie to follow you, youre dead. That doesnt give you room to learn how to sneak properly because every time you do it wrong you die. There is no other way.

That means to become good at it you have to waste tons of lives because every like is a one shot situation.

Now, since were veterans (I dont consider myself a hardcore player) we know we can act crazy sometimes and run with zeds behind us until we find a weapon. But most noobs dont know that.

When a game gets so much mainstream attention, it's bound to attract a casual crowd.

I'd bet 90% of the people whining about it are people who have no experience playing Arma 2 and bought it specifically for DayZ.

Think about it, how the hell did your survivor get to the shore and survive up till you start playing as them if they had no weapon?

there is no such thing as sneaking anymore' date=' it does nothing

incredibly pointless game

[/quote']

Sprint everywhere, harder to be killed.

Because new players do not have the experience or knowledge that seasoned players do. They will have no idea where balota airfield is, why they should go there (Or other loot spots), or how to effectively sneak.

Their experience will be "Yeah DayZ this looks awesome, I wanna have experiences like I saw in the videos / articles" they will then spend a few minutes learning the controls and dicking about on the beach. As soon as they see a building, they will head for it. (I remember my first time playing, I ran right into the first town I saw and killed zombies as I saw them. I didn't know better). All that will happen now is they move to a building, aggro zombies, have no way to fight back, not know how to loose them and probably die. How are they to know better?

I'm not against the change, but it is completely understandable why new players will hate the change and die an aweful lot.

since some people saying they have difficulties starting without a weapon i tried it myself. wasn't that hard' date=' sneaked into balota airfield, got akm, left the place and had a nice life...

so i wondered if they are maybe just not stealthy enough, so i tried straight running... i ran through whole cherno, headed toward balota airfield without being hit a single time. there i got into the tower, grabbed a m1014 and killed the zombies that made it up to my position.

my person opinion is, that the second way is the most easiest because it seems zombies can't hit you, though they are faster than you are..

i'd suggest to make it more effective to stealth, than running with a horde of zombies till you find a weapon and blow them away...

[/quote']

People just starting to play the game, dont have enough skill to dodge zombies, and they dont know the nearest spawn points of weapons from each spawn. It took me around 3 days to learn a good farming run after dying to get back in the game quickly. This process will take longer now without a gun. I like starting with no gun, its just going to be really tough for the new players.

there is no such thing as sneaking anymore' date=' it does nothing

incredibly pointless game

[/quote']

I beg to differ, I just snuck through a whole town, I pulled aggo twice but in both cases it was a calculated risk (I initiated both times), if I hadn't of had plenty of ammo I'd of just been more cautious and very likely not caught any aggro.

Because people are spoon fed by normal games and NEED that edge to feel safe.

And they're stupid. Very very stupid.

no u dont get the point, since patch 1.7.1.4 released zombies saw u trough walls so beginngers havent had a chance to go into a town without many zombies following him.

Because there is patch 1.7.1.5 now, its fixed so beginners can play normally now. I started a new life and im no person that tries to kill ppl, so i really met a man after i found a pistol, who gave me his rifle (!), and followed me with his revolver, really nice to see people teamplaying. After finding a rifle for him i unfortunatly got killed by a bug cause he ran down the stairs and i stood right in front of him. But i really like the fact that many people get the idea that they have a higher chance to survive and find better loot trough working together and not instantly killing eacht other.

Problem is just if the other guy shoots first u r normally dead, since i was not able to communicate with guys around me since i used the beta patch version of arma 2

so you have no gun so what? if you are a noob and emptied your clips in a group of zeds that did not help you either to "learn" the game..

without a weapon you are forced to either be smart and silent or try to outrun doom in the next building..

yeah you will die alot as a newbie but the gear does not make a difference..

without a gun you need to evade a zed following you.. or better dont try tho aggro him in the first place..

yeah the learning curve is steep so what? before there was none because alot of player choose this is their deathmatch game as long as their makarov clips last..

there was no punishment because you just spawned with new mak and fresh clips and just jump back i to the mindless shootouts..

now if you find a weapon that took you some work todo it will be precious and you surely wont be as hasty to play rambo on zeds or other players..

this changes the start for the better..

of course later on with your tent city whatnot it makes not much of a difference.. but to get their is now tougher..

i myself easily played 10-20 rounds of elektro dm after i lost a long time chr , but by doing that i became part of the problem and i stopped doing so and later votes yes on the reduced gear.

the point is this is suppose to be hard.. extreemly hard.. thats the point .. its a zombie apocalypse.. not a zombie arcade shooter..

every time someone say fuck it thats too difficult , then the mod did right, because difficult does not mean imposaible.. as others are quite able to survive as new spawns.

everyone can do it if they try to accept this as a what is is.. a difficult surivival simulation that gets too easy in the current end game

You people just don't grasp the mentality. If I meet a guy who gives me his rifle, I'm gonna blow him away with that rifle and take his stuff. Am I an asshole for it? Sure. Am I playing to survive? Yep.

That is the point. Play to survive. By any means necessary.

I LOVE starting with no gear.

Especially with the current patches, just finding a pistol and managing my 'finds' leading up to it is fun.

Which ammo should I keep? Some of each? SHould I hope for that 1911 or revolver, or just save Mak ammo?

Too fun. Sure, I die sometimes... but I've gotten quite astute at avoiding zombies and ditching them when I screw up, even with the 1.7.1.4 patch.

STELLAR

since some people saying they have difficulties starting without a weapon i tried it myself. wasn't that hard' date=' sneaked into balota airfield, got akm, left the place and had a nice life...

[/quote']

I'll sum it up.

1. Sneaking is borked. Zombies agro through buildings all the time. LOS is not working and the weird zombie LOS and spawn system can make being discovered any where, a cluster fuck to deal with. I don't sneak any more. I run into a town and run through buildings till the zombies glitch. Stealth is pointless, the exact opposite of what you'd expect as a new player in this game.

2. Zombies spawn INSIDE. This is really the dumbest part of a no weapon spawn. You're desperately scavenging, you find a building only to find it's entrance blocked by a zombie/s. No weapon means you are effectively locked out of a building you managed to actually sneak to without alerting the town. Blow the stealth or leave the building empty handed. Great choices...

3. Pistols and weapons in general are extremely rare for some reason. The reason we could keep rarish weapons (outside of the obvious and busy farming zones which are frankly suicide even when you had a weapon) was you had a weapon to start with. Keeping drops as low as this and removing the starting pistol is just a death knell. Most of the time you're dying/starving and re-spawning till you luck out. Shouldn't we, I don't know encourage survival in a survival game?

4. Now a coast griefer doesn't even have to think twice about killing a fresh spawn since the fresh spawn can't even defend himself. He hasn't got a chance. Bandits have never killed for loot. They never will. They do it for the killing. Even if players started with absolutely nothing you'd still get killings of these people. All you've done is stop fresh spawns from killing other fresh spawns until they can find a hatchet

Spawning without a gun isn't the hard part, it's when you find a gun and get shot most the time before being able to quickly run the fuck out of there.

To sum up how most people feel: Bandits are bitches.

Think about it' date=' how the hell did your survivor get to the shore and survive up till you start playing as them if they had no weapon?

[/quote']

You can't be serious. Do you think that weapons grow in trees?