Tikka (DayZ)

why do people have difficulties starting w/o weapons

Welp' date=' I just died, so I thought I'd time how long it took me to find a gun:

25 seconds

inside 6 minutes I had found 7 guns.

Gun spawn rate is insanely high, In one barn I found an enfield, 2 double barrel shotguns, 2 crossbows, and a winchester...

Edit: No, wait, just explored the bottom of the barn... make that 3 double barrel shotguns.

[/quote']

Im calling BS on that.

You can call BS all you like but its true, OK i got lucky. I spawned just south of the factory and immediately went to the petrol station about 30 yards away... there was a dead survivor with a makarov and 5 clips. (not to mention a bunch of other stuff like wire and a toolbox).

Then I headed toward the factory, keeping to the east side, there is a trio of farm buildings there, a large shed (got a double-barrelled) then a long cowshed and the barn. I went from the shed to the barn and the barn was STUFFED with guns.

Veterans blathering about how easy it is to get weapons, lordy-loo what a crapshoot, no, it isn't, weapons are almost always near zombies, zombies kill you almost instantly since the update, new people don't know anything, it's a huge design flaw. I don't know what the goal is, it isn't to stop people from shooting each other since everyone is still doing that, perhaps it's to dissuade new people from joining? I can't quite make sense of the logic behind it, the official explanation is sorely lacking and people are very turned off by it.

I'm new, just started playing two days ago... I already knew that I wouldn't be starting with a gun, so it wasn't a shock. I survived for a long time before I finally died being an idiot and walking into a warehouse type place full of zombies (didn't see them til I got in, and wasn't listening hard enough).

But I'm already getting used to it, and finally found an AKM after a spawn forced me to crawl through Elektro.

I like starting weaponless, it's fun trying to get that first gun... it felt sorta' like the game started over when I found it. But I like games for their longevity, so that's probably part of my reason for enjoying it.

I think if people were already expecting to start with no gun, as I was from a friend's (negative) review, then it would be a lot easier to get past the fact and into playing the game.

Starting without weapons gives the game so much more fun! I mean, this is what it's about survival. It doesn't really add that much difficulty to the game, I started yesterday, had no issues escaping zombies with and without a gun, I don't use my gun for zombies unless I'm really stuck.

I think what rocket needs to decide is to re add the makarov for multiple reasons. 1 it teaches you the value of when you shoot, the radius of what that shot is will attract whats near it. 2 alerting other players when you shoot can cause a problem and end up getting you killed. 3 do you really want to make a game where instead of the in game experience is to learn and adapt to your situation, or would you rather have the majority of the community looks up on the internet how to play, where to go, download a map (making the ingame one slightly useless), where weapons spawn, and the whole first game part of the thrill has be taken out cause when people break under pressure they turn to they internet to solve their problems. the learning experience should take place in game. Not while your downloading it.

The times i started without a weapon were tons more exciting, it helps the new player how to sneak around zeds, instead of start using the bullets.

The progression right now is perfect, since the hatchets are easy to find, so you progressively learn: to be stealth; to use a wepon, but riking (melee); to finally loot and eventually find a weapon, preserving it, because you know that if you die you need to start it again.

This is the point: it learns you the "preservation", it sets a point to not do stupid things.. or you'll die over and over again. Life isn't easy.

I still believe that fire weapons are a way too common.. they should be much much rare than this.

I prefer starting without a weapon, I actually seem to survive a lot longer now, I guess when we all used to spawn with guns, the attitude was, if I aggro anything, I'll shoot it. Where as now, you have to be more carefully. Just my opinion ofcourse, but I think no weapon is for the better.

To become good at something' date=' you need practice. Im a terrible shooter at this game because Ive barely had to shoot. When I need to, I kill zombies indoor with headshots because they move slow.

Im great at sneaking because Ive done it a lot since day 1. In the start I was not very good so I got the atention of a lot of zombies. Yet, I survived because I had a weapon. That meant I could continue playing, sneaking and learning how to survive properly.

When you dont have a gun, the first time you get a zombie to follow you, youre dead. That doesnt give you room to learn how to sneak properly because every time you do it wrong you die. There is no other way.

That means to become good at it you have to waste tons of lives because every like is a one shot situation.

Now, since were veterans (I dont consider myself a hardcore player) we know we can act crazy sometimes and run with zeds behind us until we find a weapon. But most noobs dont know that.

[/quote']

Not true: the first time you get a zed on your back, I say "Who cares" because they can't hit you while you're running. All you have to do is stand up, run around, and try to find hallways or buildings to go through, you can EASILY lose zombies now. I do it ALL the time.

Because they don't know how to play the game and hardly know anything about it. Playing hide and seek with zombies is so easy now.

To become good at something' date=' you need practice. Im a terrible shooter at this game because Ive barely had to shoot. When I need to, I kill zombies indoor with headshots because they move slow.

Im great at sneaking because Ive done it a lot since day 1. In the start I was not very good so I got the atention of a lot of zombies. Yet, I survived because I had a weapon. That meant I could continue playing, sneaking and learning how to survive properly.

When you dont have a gun, the first time you get a zombie to follow you, youre dead. That doesnt give you room to learn how to sneak properly because every time you do it wrong you die. There is no other way.

That means to become good at it you have to waste tons of lives because every like is a one shot situation.

Now, since were veterans (I dont consider myself a hardcore player) we know we can act crazy sometimes and run with zeds behind us until we find a weapon. But most noobs dont know that.

[/quote']

Not true: the first time you get a zed on your back, I say "Who cares" because they can't hit you while you're running. All you have to do is stand up, run around, and try to find hallways or buildings to go through, you can EASILY lose zombies now. I do it ALL the time.

EXACTLY, What would they if this was a real situation? run and hide, which is what you need to do in the game, how difficult is it to translate that thought process?

Most people that complain about it are carebear anti pvp retards. Is it really that hard to run/kite zeds and then use LoS in a building?

Jesus, people act like it's the hardest thing in the world.