boggy

So I just got to the NW Airfield...

After a LOT of running without a compass and checking the map using roadsigns, I finally made it. Where do you guys reckon is the best loot?

Also, should I just sprint into the zombles and hope I can find a good weapon before they eat my dextrous butt or sneak? If I sneak I guess I have to wait for the 1.7.1.5 hotfix. I only have 4 slugs in my double-barrel weapons-wise. :D

Barracks are the best spots to find loot. Just be careful, everyone knows this.

Barracks are the best spots to find loot. Just be careful' date=' everyone knows this.

[/quote']

My first trip to northwest airfield, I had no knowledge of the barracks.

Be very careful, bandits like to camp around the borders of the airfield and snipe players from there.

Barracks are the best spots to find loot. Just be careful' date=' everyone knows this.

[/quote']

It's common knowledge to those who have been around for a while. This just makes it 10x more dangerous. Also, if you're in the barracks, be wary of server hoppers.

If you want to be thorough, just search everything. Every Hanger, Both Barracks, Fire Station, and ACT.

Don't worry about the part where you get shot.

Hehe I kind of am though :) Maybe I should go in at night... So many shoot-on-sight assholes around.

Lol, why would you snipe people in the airfield? People go there to GET loot, which means they're unlikely to have much on them..

[/quote']

It's common knowledge to those who have been around for a while. This just makes it 10x more dangerous. Also, if you're in the barracks, be wary of server hoppers.

I know about the barracks now, my first trip was about a month ago or so (I've been playing for about 2 1/2 months) and I have been there a few times now.

Nighttime won't help. Most of the campers have NVG.

Correct.

Most groups roam the northern parts of the map, that includes the airfield and towns like Stary Sobor. They keep coming back to these places to gather more military loot and specifically kill visitors.

Compare it to the towns at the coast, there you have bandits killing for beans, in the north you just have whole groups to deal with, same principle.

My advice; go in and explore it all, if your lucky you'll get out armed to the teeth, if your unlucky, you'll get shot in the face.

It's a dog eat dog world.

Nighttime won't help. Most of the campers have NVG.

Correct.

Most groups roam the northern parts of the map' date=' that includes the airfield and towns like Stary Sobor. They keep coming back to these places to gather more military loot and specifically kill visitors.

Compare it to the towns at the coast, there you have bandits killing for beans, in the north you just have whole groups to deal with, same principle.

My advice; go in and explore it all, if your lucky you'll get out armed to the teeth, if your unlucky, you'll get shot in the face.

It's a dog eat dog world.

[/quote']

I really need to get my IRL friends into this game and team up...

Although I don't quite understand how you can have 'campers' at the field... The map is huge, it can't be that often that noobs make it to the field so what do the campers do? Run DayZ on another monitor and watch Scrubs while they wait?

It's not necessarily campers, it's often groups passing through, groups who know the territory. Sometimes you might be lucky they just scare you off but you can be sure they wont say hi and hug you.

It's a choice you have to make, whether it's worth your time going north and facing that threat. Who knows, if you got the guts, you might come out ontop of a few corpses, smiling about the loot they have to offer. There is also the chance that you don't see anybody up there.

Just don't expect making friends with the locals.

Easily one of the most high tension places on the map. Play it safe, remember your in no hurry to run in and get that loot scope it out, see if you see any movement. The biggest concern is the server hoppers so when you do get into the barracks/air control tower or fire station be mindful that someone can spawn in behind you at any time.

I Would say the whole area is decent to loot the hanger always have a decent gun in them aswell as the barracks. But it is your first time there go in with care i would say start at the barracks south end of the Airfield near forests its a bit for secluded than the rest.

When i recently went in there i generally didn't give dam about anybody so i ran straight in to the fire house bearing in mind i had to kill about 200 zombies -.- but meh i got a full pack of ammo once they stopped spawning and found a pretty rare weapon, cant remember its name but think it was a Uzi of some sort used it instantly for giggles incase i did die.

As for snipers most of them i came across will not kill you in there first shotdue to zeroing etc so if you do hear shots coming your way RUN! ;)

So an update on my story... Decided to go for it, was being very sneaky and all but I aggroed a zombie anyway who came up behind me while i was prone and broke my leg in one shot. Logged off right after that. Came back on at about noon and started crawling around the whole damn place, took me about 2 hours to get to the other end where the barracks were. Finally, I get in, start looting - NO MORPHINE AAAARGH. Anyways, got a nice assault pack to replace my Czech pouch and an M1014 with loads of ammo.

And, I hear gunshot.

I look out the window of the barracks and a group of 4 guys are running towards the barracks across the field, shooting at a fucking train of zombies. At first I thought it was Murphy's law but then realized they might be frieendly and might have some morphine to spare. So I direct text chatted, voice-chatted, did everything I could to contact them but no response.

I've got my M1014 trained at the entrance, in case they don't give a fuck and just wanna kill me. All of a sudden one of them appears in the doorway.

I hesitate, and get shot. In THE FACE.

Lesson learned: don't hesitate to shoot uncommunicative bastards.

DayZ rule no. 1:

There are no friendlies at the NW airfield.

Wait. That was rule no. 2. No. 1 was "Yes, someone's shooting in Cherno".

first time i went there, tried sneaking, 3 zeds saw me, tried running into the barracks, fucking barbed wire, got in, bleeding like fuck, found a bandage, died before i could use it.

Life's a bitch...then a monkey steals your banana.

NEVER hesitate! If you are going to try and hug some one and they don't respond...gun that fucker down and lewt his corpse. Also another thing me and a friend have learned the hard way is; Never stay in the barracks building when you know there's more than one attacker. Theres so many windows they can see in but you have a hard time seeing out of. It's a bloody death trap. You gotta be in and out fast.

Hehe I kind of am though :) Maybe I should go in at night... So many shoot-on-sight assholes around.

Lol' date=' why would you snipe people in the airfield? People go there to GET loot, which means they're unlikely to have much on them..

[/quote']

Knowing they have nothing, and will gain something at the airfield is enough to shoot them mate.

Why would you let someone who can turn out to be dangerous pick up weapons?

No logic behind it, unless there is a hidden meaning there.

Well, aslong as you stay 1000meters away from me, you will be more or less safe.

I have yet to land a headshot at a moving target that far out :/

It is VERY risky to loot the baracks without overwatch.

I do it all the time, go to the southern barracks. At night.

Go slow, listen out others and when waiting for the loot to cycle hide in a bush so you can ambush any other player who has the same idea as you.

I hesitate' date=' and get shot. In THE FACE.

Lesson learned: don't hesitate to shoot uncommunicative bastards.

[/quote']

Sorry to hear you got shot, look at the bright side, you learned a valuable lesson.

Next time, consider shooting them first, crawl to a corpse and THEN get your morphine. There is no benefit in it for a group of 4 people to rescue you.

It is VERY risky to loot the baracks without overwatch.

I do it all the time' date=' go to the southern barracks. At night.

Go slow, listen out others and [u']when waiting for the loot to cycle hide in a bush so you can ambush any other player who has the same idea as you.

Can you elaborate on that loot cycle mechanic? I kinda heard that picking up all the trash loot and dumping it far away creates new loot spawns after 20min or so but what you're saying sounds different.

Does anyone know where the barracks are in the NW airbase. I went up there and couldn't find them :/

Z_StaTik_z

( www.youtube.com/user/zstatikz)

DayZ Let's Plays and More!

Check the online maps, there is one next to the hangars and fire station side, and there is another in the SW corner of the airbase, in a wooded area with plenty of other buildings.