overlord1358 (DayZ)

Help me! DayZ Freezes my PC!

I have a problem where it shows like the battleye message (up to date) , but  then once I get to the server loading screen my whole pc freezes. I've tried everything: Uninstalling then reinstalling, updating, patching, playing with beta patch and i mean everything! Please someone reply! Its been going on for atleast a week now (Ever since i got it)

Without an error message to give you a clue, this could be a thousand different things.  Perhaps your CPU simply can't handle the game.  What's your specs?  Check if there's any driver updates available for your video card, try turning down your graphic settings and see if that has any effect, launch the game as administrator and compatibility mode.

Windows 7 (64 Bit)

Intel® Core i7 CPU    960 @ 3.20GHz (8CPUs), ~3.2 GHz

12 GB's of ram

NOTE: I just updated all of my outdated drivers using Slim Drives, and I tried to run dayZ again, its still froze.

My PC is actually a Cyber Power Pro Gaming PC, Black Peral I think and we got it in 2011 or 2010.

i dont remember exactly what error i had when setting up, but when you have to launch arma 2 and OA for the first time, you need to make sure they are launched as admin the first time. for some reason it didnt work for me without doing that