Sign in to follow this  
eris (DayZ)

haven't played in a few months, couple Q's

Dayz was the first game I ran to test my current PC when I finished building it. (november/2012)

Haven't played in a long time, tried it yesterday and it was much smoother than I recall. Was just wondering, were there many optimizations done since?

also, I see there are many new mods available. are there any new mods with smaller maps that are easy to learn that you can recommend? The only ones I remember trying were Lingor, Utes and Namalsk.

thanks!

Could of been the server you played on.  I get better FPS on some servers than others.

As far as maps go, I suggest just sticking with Chernarus to learn.

Edited by Skat3rat

Fix it before someone bitches.

DAFUQ MAN! HE SPELT IT WRONG! WTF LMAO LOL. I'LL QUICK SCOPE HIM WITH MY 1337 SKILLS!

Yes, some optimization i believe,

as for maps, i have no clue, try origins though, it is good

Just wanted to add that more optimizations are on the way (eg next patch) along with some very intersting changes. Also if you were away for a long time, you'd better use the search feature and look up infection (by zombies, or not boiled water/raw meat), viral zombies, the lack of antibiotics, and all the big changes you missed.

On a sidenote, all hail discordia. Now, where's my golden apple?

• Like 1

thanks a lot for the replies, much appreciated. I'll check out origins and will read about those changes I missed.