Sign in to follow this  
tokookoo382@gmail.com

DayZ Killing Suggestion

I think that the more you kill other players the more you go insane so you start to see hallucination such as dead bodies. and you hear sounds such as gun shots, foot steps, growls etc. And the more and more you kill the more creepy the game gets so that it always keeps you on edge. This will make it so that people will be more reluctant to be a bandit because of all those disadvantages. I saw how the dawing of the Bandit is all scribbled on so that shows that the bandit is clearly losing sanity. post-113123-0-67750200-1376908794_thumb. 

Edited by Axton
  • Like 2

Use the search function next time. This topic has been discussed lots of times and every single time most people were against it. I've only killed one person in a few months (eg not playing a bandit, not kos, trying to be friendly etc) and still I don't like this idea. Dayz is supposed to be free and open. And bandits are necessary even if you/I/someone don't like them.

• Like 1

Warning! You will get flak for this. Duck and cover!

But... In a realistic sense, people don't kill without or without being insane.

People may think its different in a survival scenario but either way you feel remorse and generally like a terrible person.

And you gotta say, realism is what 'Rocket' often "thrusts" for.

Personally I think its worth a try in the community, even if just for a couple weeks before its taken out again.

Observe community reaction and make a long term judgement based upon it.

There will of course be people who dislike their easy mode being taken away, but you gotta feel for the whole community.

I do know that rocket has already said the game will be easier when running as a group but what I'm worried about is groups of 3-4 being dedicated bandits instead of people actually working together.

There is a broad spectrum between super empathic people that feel pain just looking at a meat grinder and people who hardly feel any empathic connection at all.

Rules are made by men, breaking them doesn't make you insane, even if you believe deep inside you that this rule goes beyond, it's still a man made rule that you are clinging to.

Breaking the social contract doesn't make you insane. It takes a lot of effort and courage to undo an entire life of social programming.

• Like 3

But... In a realistic sense, people don't kill without or without being insane.

What you're saying is, you have to be insane to kill someone?

If that were the case, there wouldn't be a single convicted murderer in the world. They'd all be insane, thus unable to be held responsible for their actions.

No.

Insanity and killing do not necessarily go hand in hand.

Feeling remorse will probably not cause hallucinations.

Emotion is on the player side, not the avatar side.

It wouldn't affect me since I'm a non-violent style player, but gameplay balances based on nothing but butthurt and made-up psychology shouldn't be part of DayZ.

Let folks experience things the way they choose.

• Like 3

It wouldn't affect me since I'm a non-violent style player, but gameplay balances based on nothing but butthurt and made-up psychology shouldn't be part of DayZ.

^^^

This.

DayZ is a game, where the effects of an apocalypse should play out like in real life, that to me is what's fun about it (its not a scripted story and whatever happens, happens)

Basically what this means is 4/5 people shouldn't feel the need to KOS.

I'm not gonna suggest anything be done now... Because we have no idea how the standalone will play out with better zombies.

But I personally don't want a death match style game, I'm sure nobody else does and what sort of suggestions do you people have?

I'm also going to say that no calm rationally thinking person should have to kill a person in real life unless their own life or an innocents is in instant risk from another person.

In that idea of things all murderers technically have something wrong with them unless their decision making process was impaired by something else like drugs or alcohol where things can unexpectedly escalate.

There is a broad spectrum between super empathic people that feel pain just looking at a meat grinder and people who hardly feel any empathic connection at all.

Rules are made by men, breaking them doesn't make you insane, even if you believe deep inside you that this rule goes beyond, it's still a man made rule that you are clinging to.

Breaking the social contract doesn't make you insane. It takes a lot of effort and courage to undo an entire life of social programming.

This is all true but if you face a situation such as this and it comes down to having empathy for others and concern for your own well-being; yourself and any of your family and friends would come before a strangers well-being.