Sign in to follow this  
Stehwahn

This guy gave me something - consequences for dubbed items?

Hello there,

I play dayZ for a little while now when today i wanted to explore the world of Chernarus at night - suddenly a strange guy appeared and asked if i wanted some NV goggles - hey, what a nice guy!

After i got those he asked if i wanted a gun - when i replied that i first need a bigger backpack, HIS packpack (alice pack) changed it's appearance and he put the new backpack back on the ground: it has become an assault pack. - The guy: "I give it to you".

So, since I know that everyone can only have one backpack (or can you put one in your backpack?) and this guy wasn't an admin who can spawn items out of thin air, I suppose he had some little hacks to spawn those...

I didn't take the backpack as i knew it was an illegal dub - but what about the NV goggles?

Are there any consequences (because of BattleEye, for example) for owning dubbed items, even if you were unaware they are dubs?

If you have dupped/hacked items, you cannot recieve a ban from battleye. However, server admins can ban you from that specific server if they so wish.

• Like 3

Thank you for your quick answer. Maybe i should try to contact an Admin so that guy will get banned... Well, at least it was a friendly hacker and didn't let me dance in front of zombies ^_^

• Like 1

I've met only cool hackers, like one rolled up in a white Hilux once, spawned every gun in the game for me, and we went and killed some bandits. It was awesome!

Yeah, BattlEYE only detects (or fails to) something being spawned in, but does not keep track of spawned items.

I've met only cool hackers, like one rolled up in a white Hilux once, spawned every gun in the game for me, and we went and killed some bandits. It was awesome!

Cool to you maybe, but i doubt the other players you two killed with that hacked in gear would be so impressed.

• Like 2

I've only met those 10 year olds nuking whole servers... Consider yourself lucky.

Yeah, contact a server admin. You should be lucky cause the only hackers I've met are OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! hackers.