wildfyre

Chernarus Diaries (my first fanfic)

Day 1

Well this is great. I spawn in with the sun hours gone and the moon hiding behind the depth of clouds. I was on the toilet while waiting to boot up and missed the location on spawn, so I'll start "looking" around (thanks admins for the flashlight on spawn *hint the sarcasm*). I'm walking with the coast on my right, when I see what seems to be a glowing light in the distance, illuminating a warehouse. At first I thought it could be the premise of the sun coming up, but then it dawned on me, that in fact it was just the luminescence of a Chemlight (Red). This looks promising. Seeing as it was really the only thing I could see, I decide to get a bit closer and scout out the area.

I make out the cutting out of grass, realising that it was road, and decide I could use that as my path. I'm making fairly good progress towards the light, when I spot another light, moving, on my left. Immediately I hit the deck and roll into the grass on my left, not even thinking about poking my head up to get another look, and soon hear that familiar rumbling of the car engine. I also make out the smart asses behind the wheel, over direct comms, trying to sell "free pickups" to bambis. The car is heading in my direction, veering on and off the road. Obviously it was game and a drink night, or in this case the value of a drink being multiple drinks for this band of badasses. I decided to roll further away from the road so as the car of drunken madness won't run me over, when I hear the near-but-distant clunk of an AS50. On instinct, I start running for cover, when the automobile of awesome becomes the car of combustion and makes a massive fireball of it's self, with 4 kills confirmed in side chat.

I sit in cover for another 5 minutes, before realising I have nothing to lose and next-to-no means of being seen. Hoping the AS50 bandit doesn't also have an L85A2, I make like Usain and Bolt for the glowing warehouse, before running into something. I look up and see that all too familiar sign.

Kamenka%20sign%202.jpg

Day 2

0800-I woke up this morning after I made my way up into the woods and dozed off for a couple of much needed hours last night. I quickly compose myself, and move over to the hollowed out tree where I hid my backpack. I make a plan in my head to run North East up the coast to Cherno, skipping Balota seeing as it is too dangerous, hit up the supermarket down near the coast, checking for food, water, if I'm lucky, a hunting knife and any other supplies which would be much needed to survive in what's left of this hell hole of a world. After looting the supermarket, I'll check out the yellow brick house across the road which might have more of the same supplies.

0845- I've made my way through the forest and the coast is in sight. I head straight into town, coming from the north, and that's where I catch my first glimpse of a walker. It really is like what you see in the movies. Moping around, body limp and sagging. Seeing as I have no weapon, it's best to sneak around, attracting the least amount of attention possible. I see the front door of the supermarket, blocked by a crawler, creeping around. I sneak my way around the back, and with no signs of any walkers, I head inside. The state of the supermarket is appalling. The glass display shelves are broken, half of the steel racks have been pushed over, but something catches my attention from the corner of my eye. I walk up to it, crouching down to pick it up, and to my surprise, it's a Makarov! With 2 mags! My first piece of equipment that's of real use to me! Moving quickly now, I pick up some Beans, an empty water canteen, 2 cans of soda and a map. Before I leave the supermarket, I quickly check up the back corner of the supermarket and find an ALICE pack, which will allow me sufficient space for medical supplies.

0900-By the time I've looted the supermarket and sorted out my inventory, it's time to check the yellow brick house. I walk in from the supermarket side and go to head into the first door on my right, when I spot a walker moping around the room. I freeze, not knowing what to do, and it spots me. The walkers are pretty slow in doors so I have enough time to pop a bullet into it's head. Well, this is the first mistake I made, because by ridding one, I attract 10. I hear the small but undefeatable horde running at me from down the road, and decide that, whatever I do, it needs to be quick. I loot the dead walker for it's bandage, pick up a much needed hunting knife from the ground and move on the opposite room. Perfect, a Lee Enfield. 3 mags. A nice rifle that's not too large, but will kill with 2 body shots. Deciding I've overstayed my welcome, I get out of there quick-smart.

I next head to the hospital near some apartments which were empty apart from scraps and a hatchet. The hospital windows are still in tact, realising that they're the first thing I've seen that ISN'T broken. This almost spoke to me as a symbol of a glimmer of hope left in this god forsaken land. Needless to say I destroyed that glimmer of hope for some much needed medical supplies. Morphine Auto-Injectors, Blood Bags, Bandages and Epipens.
It is in here that I encounter my first person. Well, what used to be a person. Bleeding out of his head profusely, I notice that he has an extraordinarily large backpack and an AKS-74 Kobra. Hearing loud gunshots, I quickly put the Enfield in my backpack, I grab his Kobra and get out of there. I head up into the forest line, go prone, and mark out Elektro on my map. I'll write about my adventures tonight, hopefully after I've headed to Elektro and found some more gear.

1100- I've run the long way to Elektro. Up through the forest far from Prigorodky (click on the image below for my path)

post-168177-0-81776100-1376985972_thumb.

I'm sitting on a little hill that overlooks the Power Station on the outskirts of Elektro

Hey guys, I'll be updating this daily (hopefully). This is my first attempt at any fanfic so some please give me your honest opinions!
And thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my diary!

Edited by Wildfyre
  • Like 1

awesome, one problem. THE LEE ENFIELD IS NOT QUIET! IT'S THE LOUDEST GUN IN THE GAME!

Haha oops. It meant to say big...

Writing on an iPad with autocorrect is a pain in the ass sometimes